What is your favorite BEER!

Started by chief, January 06, 2011, 19:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

I'll bet no one remembers Elephant beer.

Pilgrim

When visiting my buddy in Alabama, I'll have a few of these. haven't seen any round here though.

kw-retrorider

For the India Pale Ale (not the IPA) guys.  Ballantine India Pale Ale is back after over twenty years....not the triple X brewed by Falstaff (which is still and has always been around), but the India Pale Ale. Bought my last 6-pack in the mid 1990's. At that time, the triple X was $2.50 a six pack and the India Pale Ale was $4.50 a six pack. The latest version is brewed by Pabst and is just what an English India Pale Ale should taste like IMHO.

So that means I was drinking this stuff before the craft brew revolution and before it was called "IPA." It is only recently back on the market. I have already gone through several cases. Give it a try, although it is not being distributed in every state. Those old enough will remember it. I'm 58.

As an aside, when there was no Ballantine India Pale Ale, I was drinking Wild Goose India Pale Ale which was brewed in Maryland. When they went out, the closest other India Pale Ale I could find that I liked for regular drinking was Full Sail India Pale Ale out of Oregon.

The Ballantine is 7.2%, but you'd never know it. Nice tasting without being harsh  and smooth on the finish.

Reveen

Quote from: greenbarn on April 09, 2014, 16:38:57 PM

So, generally speaking, sounds like you're a pretty hoppy guy..   (groan) ::)

I'm always hoppy to hear a good cheesy pun! (I'm done now, I promise)  :D

greenbarn

Quote from: Reveen on April 09, 2014, 16:35:23 PM

I'm an IPA guy all the way . . . the higher the IBU's, the better! Here are just a small few of my favorites:

My dad and I brew beer together, and we've made some pretty killer IPA's in the past. Good bonding experience, and its like a present to yourself just a few months later.
So, generally speaking, sounds like you're a pretty hoppy guy..   (groan) ::)
No Worries

Reveen

I'm an IPA guy all the way . . . the higher the IBU's, the better! Here are just a small few of my favorites:

My dad and I brew beer together, and we've made some pretty killer IPA's in the past. Good bonding experience, and its like a present to yourself just a few months later.

chief

Quote from: Backinsaddle on March 05, 2014, 20:04:20 PM

Man, you guys need to try Kentucky Bourbon Beer. It's beer that's been aged in the bourbon barrels. It's amazing.
Spaten Dunkel and Octoberfest :)
Killians Red is my Budweiser.

BackinSaddle

I have tried the KY Bourbon Barrel beer. Very good.
Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

Backinsaddle

Man, you guys need to try Kentucky Bourbon Beer. It's beer that's been aged in the bourbon barrels. It's amazing.
Spaten Dunkel and Octoberfest :)
Killians Red is my Budweiser.

BackinSaddle

bikerbob5864

San Miguel Light,........and liked the Kirin. 150yen a bottle I think at the time. I was at Iwakuni........a grunt "swing'in with the wing". Did alot of shopping trips to Osan, Korea. My CO was flying a desk, but liked to take one of the old C-47's over to Korea to buy tennis shoes and boots. We'd ride along. This plane had been in service since 1939! We had two others for parts.

Troll

San Miguel light or dark? Suntory and a bottle of Asahi ...mixed! Sometimes I miss it, but 34 years come 01 April Kirin was good for a change of pace!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

bikerbob5864

Well, I'm 17 years clean and sober, but I used to love Ice cold San Miguel.....and Coors light. PBR was good to me too......but only icy cold.........Liked Vodka and Grapefruit juice, Rum and Coke and a 7 liquor combo we discovered in Japan called a Hop, skip and go naked! Tasted like Strawberry koolaid!!!!! Oooohh, we had a barracks drink called a buzz bomb.....My-lime 20% alcohol mixer and Vodka........wow!

CDNRatMan

WOW Chief you must be special, GB gave you beer, Troll gets to sleep and eat at his house.....I get told to stay in Marion...wow.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Quote from: chief on December 05, 2013, 12:37:02 PM

GB delivered some Batch 19 to me while in Ohio!  Pretty good lager, IMHO. I am still a Guinness, Murphy's stout kinda guy, but if I wanted a lager, this one would be on my list! Thanks GB.

A man after my own heart!   Can't beat a good stout, as far as I'm concerned.   I drink lighter stuff most of the time, though - my Drifter's shocks appreciate it!!

No Worries

chief

GB delivered some Batch 19 to me while in Ohio!  Pretty good lager, IMHO. I am still a Guinness, Murphy's stout kinda guy, but if I wanted a lager, this one would be on my list! Thanks GB.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

ahernandez74

Oooo, You can't ever go wrong with mexican beers. Those are pretty much the tastiest.

DC

Quote from: ahernandez74 on October 18, 2013, 11:36:05 AM

You can't really go wrong with Dos Equis..
As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward to having one the moment I get off of work.

Negro Modello is pretty good too, if you like a dark beer.

sportriderrr

ahernandez74

You can't really go wrong with Dos Equis..
As a matter of fact, I'm looking forward to having one the moment I get off of work.

greenbarn

Quote from: chief on September 02, 2013, 16:50:12 PM

My store didn't have any... will be looking for some elsewhere.

Chief, ya find any yet?

No Worries

moosewayne

+1 for Batch 19!
Not too light, not too dark.
It's probably the only beer Mrs Moosewayne and I agree on--she'll drink motor oil if its in a pint glass.
Great stuff.

chief

My store didn't have any... will be looking for some elsewhere.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

greenbarn

Quote from: chief on August 31, 2013, 10:53:00 AM

Hey, why is my house listed on their site~!!!!  8)   I'm going to get some today... I usually only drink porters, stouts and dark beers, but like a lager or ale on occasion.

And...?? ::)
No Worries

greenbarn

Quote from: chief on August 31, 2013, 10:53:00 AM

Hey, why is my house listed on their site~!!!!  8)   I'm going to get some today... I usually only drink porters, stouts and dark beers, but like a lager or ale on occasion.

I prefer dark beers myself, but when it's hot in the summer, sometimes something lighter is good.
No Worries

CDNRatMan

perhaps I'll start to drink again.........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

chief

Quote from: greenbarn on August 30, 2013, 17:57:17 PM

Franklin has quite a few places listed on their website...

http://www.batch19.com/locator/

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk