Drift-In 2013

Started by chief, October 24, 2012, 16:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

Never been to a Drift-In..are there vendors? Live music and such...

Drift1

Love to be part of this event....879 miles for me.....have to see if i can arrange for by passers to link up with.

"I prefer peace,but if trouble must come,let it come in my time,so that my children can live in peace."

Thomas Payne

chief

To: ALL

I don't know if are planning on coming to Helen GA next July for DI 2013 or not but I just wanted to let you know that the dead line for the $59 a night that the VDOG is getting at the hotel ends on Dec 31. So if you plan to attend Please call the Hofbrau River Front Hotel
They are holding 20 rooms at this price until Dec 31 the then price goes up to $89 a night, the hotel only has 38 rooms and so far we only have reservations for 10 of the 20 rooms.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

DC

I'd like to go, but I probably won't know until last minute if I can get off from work.

Raindog789

Approximately 900 miles for me.....sounds like a fun ride!
If anyone North or South of Long Island, NY is looking for a riding partner, let me know.

chief

Do they know they are offline and about to lose their domain?

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

ok that is 1789.2 kms converted to 1111.7877 miles.....one way........so do that in about 18 hours non stop, or do a 10 hour ride with a night to sleep and then a 8 hour day, so latest I could leave would be the 15th at 0600 here and head out, return trip would be at a nice easy ride.....

Might have to ride slower for Ratman to keep up, but we could do that. Couldn't we, boys?

Now why would that be?  I can ride at the speed limit too, and why rush......relax enjoy life....

but it depends I might be having a major change in life style this spring and this might fit right in with the plans......some thing to plan for ....

Driftingirl, never too far if you leave enough time to rest......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

DriftinGirl

Whew!  1741 miles....long way for a newbie!

ChilliDrift

Quote from: chief on October 24, 2012, 16:54:44 PM

Drift-In 2013 will be in Helen, Ga. July 17-20

Hotel info is 59.99 a night you have until Dec 31 to get this rate. They have 37 rooms that we can get they are holding a block of 20 but if we fill up the motel that will be good. here is the link to the Hofbrau River Front hotel.
http://www.riverfronthotel.com/ just tell them you are with the VDOG group to get this rate after Dec 31 the rate goes back up to 89.00 a night.
Just checked and that link is due for renewal by the owners and is currently not working.
706-878-2184 is their number.

ChilliDrift

Yea I guess we could do that...lol

49Reo

Might have to ride slower for Ratman to keep up, but we could do that. Couldn't we, boys? ;D

Regards and such,
49Reo

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

ChilliDrift

If 49 is coming, I've got to try for sure. It would be cool to ride down with the Canadians. I wonder if RatMan will be able to make it. Only 470 miles from me. That was a surprise. I'm coming.

45 Bravo

Wait, seems like I made almost his same trip about 2 weeks ago, going to Kentucky..

Oh, I turned the job down, it would have involved a massive paycut...

Note to future employers...

Don't offer a job, then figure out you can't afford me.....

So I am still stuck in miss a hippy... Yes I spelled it like that on purpose..

45 Bravo

Just a touch under 400 miles, less than 7 hours, I will try to make sure I have no previous engagements..

Interstate the whole way...BORING TRIP, but the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.....

49Reo

2765.82 miles....one way! Gonna try, though!!

Regards and such,
49Reo

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Troll

Already put this in my mapping program...one day ride1015 miles! Going to make sure I don't have any teaching schedule conflicts this time!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

chief

Drift-In 2013 will be in Helen, Ga. July 17-20

Hotel info is 59.99 a night you have until Dec 31 to get this rate. They have 37 rooms that we can get they are holding a block of 20 but if we fill up the motel that will be good. here is the link to the Hofbrau River Front hotel.
http://www.riverfronthotel.com/ just tell them you are with the VDOG group to get this rate after Dec 31 the rate goes back up to 89.00 a night.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk