Annoying things people say to motorcyclists

Started by chief, June 30, 2010, 14:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chevazon

Earlier this year I had a friend over from Florida  he jumped on the back of the 1500 so we could have a look down into my wonderful city.
At the time I had a set of short LOUD pipes on the bike and after we had a walk around the cathedral I started the bike up whilst we were putting our lids on.
As it sat thumping away a guy came across and said "There`s only one sound like that in the world"
So being pedantic I replied "What sound is that then ?"
He said, "That Harley sound"
Cheekily I replied, "I think you need your hearing sorted along with your eyesight" as I pointed to the Kawasaki badge on the tank. My friend just stood there laughing.

"What year is your Harley" seems to be a popular one.

MapMan

While in Hawaii on vacation, I rent a bike for a couple weeks. Pull into a local watering hole and this drunk chick asks me where I'm from. I tell her Canada. She says " Wow, that must be one long ferry ride." As I try not to laugh too hard I notice her husband sitting beside her repeatedly banging his head on the bar crying, "She's good in bed". So what else is a man to do? I buy him a beer, pat him on the shoulder and say to him, "I hope so".

TripWire

I live in Wisconsin so I ride as long as the roads are not slippery or salt covered (just needed to setup my story).

I will come into work at least a couple times a year when the temp is in the lower 30's or upper 20's and someone will say "Isn't it too cold to ride a motorcycle today?" and my response is always "Nope, it's just too warm to take the snowmobile in today."

jamey wright

Usually, when someone asks me if I rode my motorcycle to work, when I'm standing there holding my hemet and jacket, I just tell them "No, they're shooting me out of a cannon later tonight." Usually the men laugh, but the women just say " Oh, Ok" and walk away.

Ironraven

1. (most common) "Why is your bike so loud?"
2. (Random douche at a gas station) "Nice assless chaps."  (me) "Sorry I can't hear you over how awesome I am!"
3. (occasional random drunk chicks) "Can I have a ride?" To which I point at the luggage rack with complete lack of anything resembling a rear seat...

1999 Drifter 1500 <> Dual Exhaust <> Custom Paint <> 6

chief

LOL... firm grasp of the obvious it seems!

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

aclone

In Maine guy looks at my Florida plate and asks did you ride up here.  So many good answers  but I said yes, he said thats a long way.
Mark

1SG CAV

chief

Let's not let this degenerate into a harley vs us discussion. there are PLENTY of those stories around.

I had a lady look at my bike and ask if it was a harley. I said no, its a Vulcan Drifter... she looked at the graphics on my tank and said..."oh a swedish harley"... I just laughed and told her the word on the tank was Gaelic. Blank look.... ahh... war cry for Clan Campbell...  she said ok... but as she walked off she told her friend... he's with an outlaw biker clan and that bike is a Swedish harley... he friend looked back at me as they picked up their pace.

I stopped at a little convenience store for fuel. A guy on a slightly customized harley pulled up next to the door about the time I went in. He looked at the Drifter and did the nice bike thing... but he identified it as a Vulcan... I complemented his bike... He pulled off his gloves and said..."I'd rather have yours any day!"... took me totally by surprise. I just smiled and wished him a safe ride.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

1SG CAV

My favorite is "Nice Harley", my response is "I wouldn't own a Harley if you gave one."  The next words out of their mouth is,"Then what it is."  I reply "It's better than a Harley, It's a drifter." cagers what can you say?

TC

Them  ,"You know for a few more dollars you could have a Harley"

Me, "If I wanted a Harley ,I would have bought one son."

Old Dog

"I did'nt know Kawasaki made Harleys"
Derr!
Rod

Varooom

I remember back when I was 16 and just learning to ride.  One day, I found myself in the back seat of my grandmother's car with my dad; she was driving.  We were at a stop light and there was a motorcycle facing us, waiting to drive through the intersection.
My grandmother said, "Watch that motorcyclist try to drive through the intersection before I have a chance to turn in front of him; what gal!"
My dad and I scrunched down in our seats speechless.
The guy survived.
Varooom

chief

Well we usually get... "Nice Indian"... but that's another story.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

annieoakley

You forgot one of the classics.. You walk into a restaurant with your leathers on and your helmet in hand, and someone asks, " You ridin your bike today?" ........(so many answers, so little time ;D)

chief

by rick

1.  Them:  "Is that your bike?"
- while I'm standing there in a padded jacket putting gas in the tank.
1994 Monument Valley (Bluff) cross country trip on my R90S wearing a blue 'Stich in 110 degree heat.

2. Gas station clerk: "Hey, are you snowmobiling?"

Me: "Yeah, and the snow around here SUCKS!"

3.  Out on a ride on the M50 with the wife and I get the I need to tinkle sign from the back seat. While waiting on the wife I am standing in the parking lot smoking a cig. I noticed a guy looking at the bike and do my best to not make eye contact, but when a kid went by on a Ninja 250 he saw his opening. Mind you he is driving a POS truck of some kind. He wanders over and laughing says "what was that? A 100." and rolls right into a HD lecture while he is looking over my 800CC jap bike. He asks me how I like it and such and I tell him I like it but might want to get a bigger bike down the road. He responds with "Well, at least its a Harley and that's all that matters."
When I told him it was a Suzuki he gave me a dirty look, dropped his cig, and left without a word.

4.  At a Starbucks last week. Early morning, but warming up quick and humid.  I walk in, full attgatt, a woman and her handler have just got their coffees and turn to look at me.
Her: "You going somewhere cold?"
Me:"Nope, somewhere windy"
She looks out the windows to see if the weather has changed since she came in.
Her: "Its not windy out there"
The handler leans over: "He's on a motorbike"
She replies: "Yeah I get that, but it isn't windy out there"

I have no answer.

Post from: "Keep The Rubber Side Down"

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk