What is your job?

Started by chief, May 10, 2010, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motosickle

I work at Walt Disney World, have been there for the last 34 years! i started pumping gas at the WDW station. fromthere moved into theme park maint. over the years my specialty became the different roller coasters on the property. now for a change i went to work at the Magic Kingdom Parade Maint building. keeping the shows going on!!!

chief

Over the years I have observed bikers have some pretty interesting occupations. So what is your job... feel free to name companies if you wish, but tell us something about your job and whether you like it or not.

I'll start:

When I left the Navy I was lucky enough to get involved in Occupational Safety and Health. I have a National Board certification as a boiler inspector, but moved on to get my Certified Safey Professional (CSP) and Certified Professional Environmental Auditor certs. I worked in the field for major providers for 20 years. I am President and CEO of Saftek Inc which is an occupational safety and health consulting firm. Saftek was founded in 1992 as a BBS providing online resources for safety professionals. We expanded operations and incorporated in 1998.

Saftek also has a web development facility. We have several online stores and build stores and web sites for other individuals and companies. I really am more personally involved in this aspect of the company, having turned over the day-to-day safety work to others. This gives me the time and opportunity to support the avocations I enjoy the most.

Saftek sponsors the VDR web site, forum, etc. The associated stores help support the sites as well.

I really enjoy my work nowadays. I work from home 99.9% of the time and get to talk about guns, motorcycles and computers all day. Occasionally, I will have to dress up and make a safety presentation, or fight a few fires - but into everyone's life a little rain must fall.

Cheers.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk