Drift-in 2011 Reports

Started by 1SG CAV, July 14, 2011, 23:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1SG CAV

chief

Very good coverage for those of us who did not attend this year's DI. I want to thank you for providing the updates to us. We can look forward to next year now!

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

1SG CAV

Dave glad to see you got home safe. Linda and took the scenic route through the Columbia Gorge, then the back way home. It sure was nice to get off the interstate that last 100 miles. It was a cool 70 degrees here in Western Oregon.

polarh2o

Took me 15 hours to get back home.  760 miles.  On one stretch I was a mile into it and saw a sign that said no gas for 167 miles.  I had to turn back and buy a gas can to strap to the back of the bike so I could make it.  It came in handy again when I pushed it too far and ran out of gas about 120 miles from home.

Dave W.

Troll

750 miles for me, so its a one dayer, maybe 1 and a quarter...getting old sux

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

1SG CAV

It will be 2199 miles for me, and yep Linda, Nanuk (aka VDOG mascot) and I will be there. I may have to trailer my ride but we'll see everyone next in Eureka Springs. Stopped for the night rode 565 miles, Will finish the last 264 tomorrow.

Ride With Pride

KsDrifter

Thanks for sharing! Hmmmm.....Eureka Springs, Ar, that's pretty close, might have to make that one 8)

badboy194

Thanks for the great shots.  It looks like a fun time for all.  Everyone return home safe.  God Bless.

1SG CAV

We have all said our ado's and have headed to our rooms to pack for our rides home. We did how ever say see you next year in Eureka Springs, Ar.  I would like to thank Virg and Cindy for putting on a great Drifter rally. The rides were totally awesome. We saw parts of Utah and learned the history about the areas we traveled. Thank you Utah Dave for guiding us. The dinner couldn't have been better, no one left the tables hungry. Virg did give rides in his side near the end of the day. In the photo Mike lit a cigarette, then slammed the front of his helmet down breaking the cigarette . Everyone just busted up laughing.  Hope you enjoyed the posts and we'll see you next year in Arkansas.
Ride with Pride

1SG CAV

IT'S OFFICIAL DRIFT-IN 2012 WILL BE IN EuREKA SPRINGS, AR. DATES to be announced in the next couple of weeks. The dinner was Fantastic Cindy and Virg put on a good feast. We donated $255.00 to the Camp K foundation. During the Raffle drawing Dave Waters donated his $100.00 win to Camp K also.  Tom, Vinnie, and Mike won big during the raffle. Best in Show non Drifter went to Jo Bear with his Nomad, Best of show for Drifters went to 1SG CAV with his 02 1500 Drifter Memorial ride. The food was out of this world Cindy really out did herself.

1SG CAV

Who let the dogs out? every one waiting for the food

1SG CAV

The Drift-in this year had bikes from 13 different states, Kansas, Maryland, Florida, Minnesota, Indiana, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Louisiana. Minus a few lost nuts and bolts We've had no major issues. Most of us will return a lot darker than when we headed here, yep a lot of sun.

1SG CAV

So here are on the last day of the Drift-in.  Everyone has their wrenches out tightening nuts and bolts from the ride here and our DI-rides. Today is our bike show and dinner. Believe it or not Cindy is cooking the entire dinner here at the Dog Pound. Yep we're having Ribeye and Chicken with all the fixins.  Keep checking back I'll be posting a lot today. Rok headed out early this morning for Colorado, but I thing I can hold the fort down.

1SG CAV

More photos, Nanuk our official mascot,

1SG CAV

views along our routes, NANUK in frony of the bikes at the dine, Gators for lunch

1SG CAV

ROK has built a custom exhaust with a really nice sound. Virg has added a sidecar to his 1500

1SG CAV

Today we had a beautiful 199 mile ride. We got to see Utah that you don't see from the freeways. Ras did forget to put his kick stand down today. Good thing he had a lot friends to help him out. It's a shame tomorrow is our last day with all of our friends. Check out the Drifters in the snow pictures at 9000 feet.

1SG CAV

For those couldn't make it this year.
So far we have 24 Drifters and several other bike located at the Dog pound. Everyone has told their stories of issues that happened getting here. Flat tire in the desert, to other issues along the way. Since arriving we have found the official beer of the drift-in 2011. It can only be found in Utah's Wal-Mart stores. see photo
Our first ride was 162 miles. We left the Dog pound and headed to a 1939 Train diner located in Oakley.  From there we went to Park-City where Mitch took us on a 45 minute tour of the town, looking for gas. The ladies finally stopped and asked for directions, because us guys were not lost. We just wanted to see the town. What we found was the gas station was only three blocks from where we had started from. The town was nice.  We then headed to where the Donner party had spent their harsh winter. No issues at all on today's ride all bikes completed the trip. When Cindy was riding her bike home. She had to stop at the light. A young guy pulled up next to her and said,"I chicks who ride bikes." Cindy took off when the light turned green, smiling. She thought to her self,"I still got it. We have a 220 mile ride tomorrow. I will post photos of the ride and mods made since Di-2010.

Ride With Pride

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk