Drift In 2015

Started by CDNRatMan, July 17, 2015, 13:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

not getting much done on that front but I am working on a group ride to New Liskeard in June of 16 and you will be in charge of getting them from Windsor to North Bay......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

aralph

Hey love the goggles, they really suit you... ;D

BTW, your earlier post, "so much work and so little time".
You getting anywhere with that objective?

Remember,  it's not all fun and games, you have work to do also.

aralph

CDNRatMan

;)  Tony my friend....got me a bike cover, and that sweet lady next to me.....she is a girlfriend of a new member to the forum who has an 800 and his name is BabyFace, a young lad, super nice couple, from IN and she was the brunt of a bunch of jokes and such and I bought her a leather vest, well sort of vest....lol....and I scored the Minion goggles....from Tom and he was not happy...lol but it was all for the children's charity....GB spent a lot more then me...lol but we had fun and the time is great.

aralph

Quote from: Troll on July 22, 2015, 20:23:23 PM

...somebody did really well

He looks familiar, what did he get this time?

aralph

DC

Nice looking country there.

Troll

Cajun dinner, and the charity auction, this evening...somebody did really well

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Troll

A few pics from the "breaks" ride....Beautiful park, beautiful weather!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

These are close of day 2 pictures at the dog pound parking lot....

CDNRatMan

We then rode bck to the Landmark and the Dog Pound for some rest and relaxation before part two of day 2, a visit to the local Kawasaki shop who welcomed us with open arms and pizza and soft drinks.

CDNRatMan

We got to the top of the road and some people were just so over whelmed with the sheer beauty of the place. GB and his wonderful other half and she is a really sweetie.....

We enjoyed the veiw and the people seemed to enjoy it. We honoured Hillbilly and also mentioned John Hopkins

CDNRatMan

Tuesday July 21st, this morning we had the Blessing of the Bikes by Parson, after which we departed on the Memorial ride for Hillbilly thru the Jenny Wiley State Park. The first picture is Parson.  All participants were asked to wear their yellow Drift In 2015 shirts for this one ride.

CDNRatMan

Troll

49Reo

Nice bunch of pics; real nice 1500 in some of them pics....whats that funny looking red thing parked behind it?... ;D

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

DC

What's the deal with the wall mural? Is that outside a prison or something?

CDNRatMan

Well after the huge and vicious thunder storm last night we awoke to a really nice and blue sky,  so off at about 0900 and we stopped so Tracy could show me the murals in Plymouth, which were pretty cool, and we arrived in Pikeville just after 1500. So we are here.

CDNRatMan

Well after meeting Tony and getting a wonderful free dinner I also had a really good sleep, and in the morning headed for Richwood Ohio. Another sunny and clear day, and then it got hot. Arrived in Richwood, only issue was my GPS plug had been jarred loose from the docking station. So on arrival to Richwood I went to enter GB's address and blank screen. Well realtor putting sign out she will know were he lives or the street name....nope she is not from around there. Dude at the first service station had no idea. The next place I asked I got the whole family history.......lol...
I found the GB residence with no real issues after that, and I will echo Troll's sentiments from his experience with the family last year, you can not find such nice hosts, they do have a very strange custom, after supper they all stand around the dinning room and then suddenly they all jump and make noises and turn the light off and then go and sit in the dark living room and chat and missus GB goes around lighting candles. Strange but a super couple.

Check out the Green Barn.......more to follow......   

Pilgrim

LOL... good luck with that..see y'all Thursday, stayin at the Dan Boone Inn, should arrive during the banquet. Y'all be careful and have a good ride.

greenbarn

Dangit, and I was going to try to get him to wash my bike before we left....   Figured if I left it dirty, he wouldn't want to be seen with me, and he'd wash it!?!!   ;D :o

No Worries

aralph

Careful GB, he is headed your way next. Said something about arriving late so he
wouldn't have to do any chores... ::)

aralph

greenbarn

That old fart gets more free dinners that way....  :o 8)

I figured he'd offer to buy everybody at the hotel breakfast ....   continental breakfast..   ;D

No Worries

aralph

I will start this post by telling you the strange look my wife gave me when I
told her I was meeting up with some old guy I met on line at a motel room... :o

Quote from: CDNRatMan on July 18, 2015, 19:13:19 PM

invite Tony to come and visit with you, make it around supper time, his wife likes this gets him out of the house. Then go over to Jose's bar and grill. When the cheque comes remember you left your wallet in the room and will go and get it.
Then take your time walking to the motel, check your oil, change your socks, look at Tony's really nice looking ride, sit on it, play with the stereo system, then start to walk bck really slow, and lo and behold here comes Tony and the bill is paid for......

You can fool me once but not twice. Just being nice to my elders. Bought the old guy dinner.
He said he would pass on the favour and buy dinner for everybody at Drift In one night.
Had a good time RatMan. Love the look of your ride, pics are nice but you have to see these bikes
in person to really appreciate them. Thanks again for the Drifter Logos.

Keep the rubber down and the chrome up, have a safe ride and hope to be their next year.

aralph

CDNRatMan

Well after tonight it will be a good night sleep and then in the morning time it to arrive in Richwood OH after GB gets all his chores done and the 800 ready to load on the trailer which I will help him do......

Tonight we held a mini Drift In at Windsor. So anyone passing through Windsor pm me prior to going and I'll give you aralph's cell number, it was funny he never answered his house phone. But then book a room at the ISleepInn Motel, and invite Tony to come and visit with you, make it around supper time, his wife likes this gets him out of the house. Then go over to Jose's bar and grill. When the cheque comes remember you left your wallet in the room and will go and get it.
Then take your time walking to the motel, check your oil, change your socks, look at Tony's really nice looking ride, sit on it, play with the stereo system, then start to walk bck really slow, and lo and behold here comes Tony and the bill is paid for......

Troll sorry there was no one around to take a picture of Tony and I so this will have to do for Mini Drift In 2015 Windsor ON.
more to follow.......

Pilgrim

your doing good...what is your destination tomorrow? 

CDNRatMan

Ok so made it to Windsor on the first day, waiting for Aralph to show up and we will have a mini Canadian Drift In tonight, and go for some food. So rode 685.5 km or 426 miles, and learned that at 170 km I will be forced to switch to reserve.
Morning started out cold and very overcast and fog, but once I got down south a bit the fog had burned off and the temps went up and it got hot. Bike ran like a swiss watch and was doing really nice, think the bike was upset by the one dude who asked what version of the Victory it was. 2 really good accidents if they can be called good, in the one I got a picture of the motor home was a write off. The second was a truck losing its load. Strange but not a lot of bikes out today....
Also a picture of why I don't like Toronto....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk