Vulcan Drifter Riders

• November 20, 2017, 13:14:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Drift In 2015  (Read 8046 times)

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: Snow Blower
  • VDR#: 1038
  • View Gallery
Drift In 2015
« on: July 17, 2015, 13:43:23 PM »

So I really like what JetLite is doing with this topic thread and so I'll steal his idea and beg forgiveness from him later. I will post about my ride to and from Drift In.
   Today the bike got parked facing the front of the shed, it is gassed up, chain was adjusted last night, my fuel cells are full, everything is packed on the bike but for my small top roll which will go on later today.
   Feel like a little kid again on Christmas Eve waiting for morning to open the gifts in my case to get on the road. I have my route all planned out now. Tomorrow I am hoping to be in Windsor ON and then met with aralph and so another member of the forum.
   Just thinking of the people I'll get to met who are large and well known to the members of the forum, I'll get to met them in person....so cool.

more to follow.......with pictures of course.....

GPS is not to get you “THERE”……but rather to get you home from “THERE”

Troll

• Motorcycle Rider ED. Coach
  • Sr. Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • Plus a: Kawasaki W-650
  • VDR#: 825
  • View Gallery
    • A.B.A.T.E. of Wi. SafeRider program
Re: Drift In 2015
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 14:44:03 PM »

Just remember, no pictures, it didn't happen!
Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 14:58:12 PM »

Oh no need to tell me tell the people I catch on film  or well SD card......
ok bike is not moving anymore tonight, and everything is loaded but again just the top roll bag to be loaded and then we are set to go and here is my start mileage for the trip, in kms.

greenbarn

• Sr. Staff
  • Plus a: Drifter 1500
  • VDR#: 1023
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 19:36:04 PM »

Oh no need to tell me tell the people I catch on film  or well SD card......
ok bike is not moving anymore tonight, and everything is loaded but again just the top roll bag to be loaded and then we are set to go and here is my start mileage for the trip, in kms.

......... So, is it called "Kilometerage" instead of "Mileage" up there???   As In "What kind of gas kilometerage do you get with that thing?"    8)

Happy trails, friend, and safe travels.... Hope to see you soon.
No Worries

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 20:56:27 PM »

>:(  oh so much to teach him in a week...oh so much and so little time ........

aralph

• Rider
  • Plus a: ----------
  • 2002 Drifter 1500
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 21:08:34 PM »

Careful RatMan, a little knowledge in the wrong hands (or minds) can be dangerous... :o

Troll

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 21:19:44 PM »

What really makes it interesting is their gallons are bigger and their "miles" are smaller....
Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 00:27:50 AM »

see aralph even Troll does not understand we have no gallons or miles......oh so much work to do....and only a week....

Troll

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 07:29:40 AM »

Once you get across the border, you will have BOTH! NO Imperial gallons anymore? must be eurozone influence.....Just remember, if you're running 100k, people on foot will pass you.

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 15:35:40 PM »

Ok so made it to Windsor on the first day, waiting for Aralph to show up and we will have a mini Canadian Drift In tonight, and go for some food. So rode 685.5 km or 426 miles, and learned that at 170 km I will be forced to switch to reserve.
   Morning started out cold and very overcast and fog, but once I got down south a bit the fog had burned off and the temps went up and it got hot. Bike ran like a swiss watch and was doing really nice, think the bike was upset by the one dude who asked what version of the Victory it was. 2 really good accidents if they can be called good, in the one I got a picture of the motor home was a write off. The second was a truck losing its load. Strange but not a lot of bikes out today....
  Also a picture of why I don't like Toronto....

Pilgrim

• Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 19:04:15 PM »

your doing good...what is your destination tomorrow? 

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 19:13:19 PM »

Well after tonight it will be a good night sleep and then in the morning time it to arrive in Richwood OH after GB gets all his chores done and the 800 ready to load on the trailer which I will help him do......

Tonight we held a mini Drift In at Windsor. So anyone passing through Windsor pm me prior to going and I'll give you aralph's cell number, it was funny he never answered his house phone. But then book a room at the ISleepInn Motel, and invite Tony to come and visit with you, make it around supper time, his wife likes this gets him out of the house. Then go over to Jose's bar and grill. When the cheque comes remember you left your wallet in the room and will go and get it.
  Then take your time walking to the motel, check your oil, change your socks, look at Tony's really nice looking ride, sit on it, play with the stereo system, then start to walk bck really slow, and lo and behold here comes Tony and the bill is paid for......

Troll sorry there was no one around to take a picture of Tony and I so this will have to do for Mini Drift In 2015 Windsor ON.

more to follow.......

aralph

• Rider
  • 2002 Drifter 1500
  • View Gallery
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 21:17:44 PM »

I will start this post by telling you the strange look my wife gave me when I
told her I was meeting up with some old guy I met on line at a motel room... :o

invite Tony to come and visit with you, make it around supper time, his wife likes this gets him out of the house. Then go over to Jose's bar and grill. When the cheque comes remember you left your wallet in the room and will go and get it.
  Then take your time walking to the motel, check your oil, change your socks, look at Tony's really nice looking ride, sit on it, play with the stereo system, then start to walk bck really slow, and lo and behold here comes Tony and the bill is paid for......

You can fool me once but not twice. Just being nice to my elders. Bought the old guy dinner.
He said he would pass on the favour and buy dinner for everybody at Drift In one night.
Had a good time RatMan. Love the look of your ride, pics are nice but you have to see these bikes
in person to really appreciate them. Thanks again for the Drifter Logos.

Keep the rubber down and the chrome up, have a safe ride and hope to be their next year.

aralph

greenbarn

• Sr. Staff
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 07:22:33 AM »

That old fart gets more free dinners that way....  :o 8) 

I figured he'd offer to buy everybody at the hotel breakfast ....   continental breakfast..   ;D
No Worries

aralph

• Rider
  • 2002 Drifter 1500
  • View Gallery
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 07:43:18 AM »

Careful GB, he is headed your way next. Said something about arriving late so he
wouldn't have to do any chores... ::)

aralph

greenbarn

• Sr. Staff
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »

Dangit, and I was going to try to get him to wash my bike before we left....   Figured if I left it dirty, he wouldn't want to be seen with me, and he'd wash it!?!!   ;D :o
No Worries

Pilgrim

• Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2015, 14:23:05 PM »

LOL... good luck with that..see y'all Thursday, stayin at the Dan Boone Inn, should arrive during the banquet. Y'all be careful and have a good ride.

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 21:45:34 PM »

Well after meeting Tony and getting a wonderful free dinner I also had a really good sleep, and in the morning headed for Richwood Ohio. Another sunny and clear day, and then it got hot. Arrived in Richwood, only issue was my GPS plug had been jarred loose from the docking station. So on arrival to Richwood I went to enter GB's address and blank screen. Well realtor putting sign out she will know were he lives or the street name....nope she is not from around there. Dude at the first service station had no idea. The next place I asked I got the whole family history.......lol...
   I found the GB residence with no real issues after that, and I will echo Troll's sentiments from his experience with the family last year, you can not find such nice hosts, they do have a very strange custom, after supper they all stand around the dinning room and then suddenly they all jump and make noises and turn the light off and then go and sit in the dark living room and chat and missus GB goes around lighting candles. Strange but a super couple.

Check out the Green Barn.......more to follow......   

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 22:55:46 PM »

Well after the huge and vicious thunder storm last night we awoke to a really nice and blue sky,  so off at about 0900 and we stopped so Tracy could show me the murals in Plymouth, which were pretty cool, and we arrived in Pikeville just after 1500. So we are here.

DC

• Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 11:15:44 AM »

What's the deal with the wall mural? Is that outside a prison or something?

49Reo

• Sr. Staff
  • Plus a: Harley
  • VDR#: 666
  • 2002 1500 Drifter
  • View Gallery
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 18:10:34 PM »

Nice bunch of pics; real nice 1500 in some of them pics....whats that funny looking red thing parked behind it?... ;D
02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Troll

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 20:53:37 PM »

Guess who

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 22:14:07 PM »

49 Reo in his youth

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 23:30:30 PM »

Tuesday July 21st, this morning we had the Blessing of the Bikes by Parson, after which we departed on the Memorial ride for Hillbilly thru the Jenny Wiley State Park. The first picture is Parson.  All participants were asked to wear their yellow Drift In 2015 shirts for this one ride.

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 23:31:26 PM »

We got to the top of the road and some people were just so over whelmed with the sheer beauty of the place. GB and his wonderful other half and she is a really sweetie.....

We enjoyed the veiw and the people seemed to enjoy it. We honoured Hillbilly and also mentioned John Hopkins

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!