DRIFT-IN 2010

Started by chief, August 25, 2009, 11:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

1SG CAV

Those going to the Drift-in and still need lodging. Lightner Creek camp grounds maybe the answer. They have cabins ranging from $40.00 a night to larger cabins running at 90-110.00, and bigger ones at 150-190.00. Those tent camping $29.00. They are about 15 minutes from Durango. Pool, showers the works.  Phone # 970-247-5406
This will be my base camp,

DEBTAYLOR

Hi Denny....Im Deb Taylor, hostess with NOT the mostest, lol....for the 2010 Drift-In in Durango, Colorado along with my husband, Danny, a/k/a Hillbilly. I wanted to drop a line and tell you how much I am looking forward to meeting you and I thank you so much for taking the time to participate in our rally this year. To actually meet the man who made his dream of a bike into a reality in itself is an honor! I dont know if you have ever heard of my bike, which seems to be known around the world. Her name is Olive....and the master mind behind her is Flat Top from Missouri. After buying Olive...we decided to tear down Hillbilly's bike and ship the tins to Flat Top to work his magic once again. I cannot wait to be in Durango, which almost didnt get to happen since I had an unexpected 6 hour neck surgery April 7th. But I am a determined lady who loves to ride, and will do what I have to in order to see the country on my bike. In 4 years we have completed the lower 48 states, some of Canada twice and will be headed to Alaska right after the driftin. I truly thank you for what you are doing for our rally this year...Cya real soon....Deb

chief

Looks like 60 or so folks... maybe.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

pohlease

so how many people are actually planning to go to this? Anyone from the MN WI area?

chief

Go to the Drift-In.org website and have a look at the schedule. That will help you decide when to be there.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

MaggieQ

I will be doing my best to be there, its only about 230 miles or less for me, and my favorite ride over Red Mountain between Ouray and Silverton.  My mom lives 40 minutes south so I will be staying with her, but if I was only coming for one day to the event, which day is the best? Saturday?

chief

Apparently its a function of your browser. There is no spell chekc n ths har tisuids.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

1SG CAV

OK Chief if there is no spell check then why does mine tell me when I miss spell a word. I get a red line under misspelled words.

chief

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

TC

Hey Tim, is that design on the back screen printed or is it a plastic or rubberized design. I guess what I'm askin is, does your back sweat under it?
If it is screen print i will order one.

PS; is there a spell check on this forum? I can't seem to find it and I really need one. :-[

1999 Drifter

My 2010 Drift -In T Shirt arrived beautiful dark blue, but not to dark with small logo on front left chest and large logo on back
all you Canadians better hurry up and get one or I'll be the only one in Canada eh!

Thanks Deb......great job

Sorry about the large pic but it shows the logos real nice...lol

chief

Just catchin' up.

I'll be bringing the Super Chief and my Drifter to the Drift-In. Blaine Birchfield from Cobra's coming along. I've scored some memorabilia and parts, and I'll be bringing a large framed print that Kawasaki gave me when they released the Drifters to the public.

That can be raffled off, or whatever, and the proceeds given to the Club.

I got a line on a couple of 2 into 1 Cobra Super Chief exhaust, we'll see what happens.

Glad to help, Denny

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

chief

Hey Guys and Gals......

I finally have the official Drift In t-shirt image, front and back, for folks to see. I hope you like what we have come up with. The shirts will be $20 each no matter what size. Due to everyone's computers showing color shades differently, the shirt is a blue dusk, which is a darker shade, but not quite as dark as navy blue.

You may place your shirt orders on your registration, if you have not already done so. You can pick your shirt(s) up at the dog pound and pay for them then.

If you are not able to attend the drift in and want to order a shirt(s), then please send me your name, address, what size, and how many to my email at hillbillyarkie@aol.com .

Once I have your order and address, I will get the shipping price, and will get back to you as soon as the post office is open, from the time you order, to let you know your total cost.

I can only accept money orders to pay for the shirts. When I receive your money order I will then ship your shirt(s) as ordered.

My mailing address is

Deb Taylor,
921 Shorthorn Drive,
Texarkana, AR. 71854.

I only have a limited number of shirts, so that I dont have a surplus at the end of the event...so be sure and get yours as soon as you can.

Drift In will be here before you know it. Take care and I hope to hear from you all soon, if not...I will see you there at the rally. Deb

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

1SG CAV

Slick

chief

The Drift-In HQ has been announced.  Days End? (see the official notice on the drift-in.org site).

NOTE: There is some indication and discussion about this motel. You may want to have a look at the reviews and decide if you want to stay at this location.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

pcarrell

I thought you were in New England.  That is a long ride!

Varooom

I'm up in Portsmouth, New Hampshire!  Would love to join you but that's a real long one.
Varooom

chief

The DI's haven't been west for a while - so we were hoping to get one more in the middle of the country. I'm hoping for a good turn out. Try to drop in even if you can't stay the whole time.

Cheers.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

1SG CAV

I delivered some horses to Durango two summers ago. It is truly an awesome ride from Oregon to Durango. Southern Utah is a sight to see. Can't wait to make the ride in 2010.

pcarrell

Quote from: Varooom on November 04, 2009, 12:26:37 PM

Now this would be a long ride: 2300 miles!
Varooom

Where are you coming from again?  It's 1350 miles for me.  Maybe we could hoook up for at least some of your ride to and from.  It'd make the miles pass faster.  I'm near Indianapolis, IN.

khanawalt

This is spectacular country.  If you can make it, it'll be worth the trip.

Varooom

Now this would be a long ride: 2300 miles!
Varooom

chief

The Drift-In for 2010 will be in Durango, Colorado. July 7 - 10. Stay tuned for more info. Remember to visit the Drift-In.org web site. too. You can register for the event on that site.

http://www.drift-in.org

Cheers.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk