Motorcycle maker Royal Enfield gearing up for North American sales...

Started by Feed Poster, September 17, 2017, 20:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockinRollin

Not sure about the quality but Polaris Indian is giving Harley a run for their money!
Quote ( from 2016)
"Since relaunching the brand, Polaris' total revenues have increased 47% to $4.7 billion, but motorcycles have grown from accounting for 8% of the total to 15%, and sales have nearly quadrupled to $698 million annually. That may be a rounding error to Harley-Davidson, which did $1.3 billion in sales in the first quarter alone, but Polaris has already become the No. 2 motorcycle manufacturer.

With Polaris motorcycle sales growing 67% last year and Harley-Davidson's falling almost 2%, if those trends continue, Polaris will be selling more motorcycles than Harley in just three-and-a-half years. Of course, it's highly improbable Polaris can maintain the breakneck pace it's been on, but it's also clear it can dramatically narrow the gap between first place and second place in short order."

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

DC

I saw one of their 500cc singles at a local dealer some years back.  I'm not sure how well a non-British made Royal Enfield will be received by the market.  So far, I don't think too well.

Feed Poster

Motorcycle maker Royal Enfield gearing up for North American sales...

Its North American sales are still minuscule, not even a blip on the radar screen of Harley-Davidson Inc., but motorcycle manufacturer Royal Enfield is settling into the U.S. marketplace via Milwaukee, Harley's hometown. A year after opening its flagship North American dealership in the city, India-based Royal Enfield says it's about to ramp up sales through 60 dealerships and new bikes, including one in the popular dual-sport category.

Source:

From: Motorcycle News - http://www.topix.net/rss/motorcycles

NEWS FEED ROBOT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk