Solo Seat Rack for 1500

Started by OR Seedman, September 20, 2017, 19:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockinRollin

OR Seedman

Okay...so here is the situation on the racks and other parts.  My fabricator has raised all my costs by 13% as of this year.  All new orders will now reflect those cost increases.  Here is what is available and what is on order and will be available in about 10 days.  Also, an updated price list for all items

In stock:

1500 Drifter - tilt adjustable powder coated light duty rack with unpainted mounts for solo seat - $85.00 (1 available-will work with seat rail)
1500 Drifter - tilt adjustable powder coated light duty rack with unpainted mounts for 2-up seat - $90.00 (1 available - don't know if it works with the grab rail as I don't have one to checK)

Currently on order at the fabricator (expected in about 10 days)

1500 Drifter "osprey style" saddlebag mounts - 1 set   $125.00

1 - backrest pad mount for any style of my racks - $49.50

What I am currently manufacturing and their respective prices

Drifter 800-
saddlebag mounts - $115.00, heavy duty rack for solo seat (requires saddlebag mounts) - $95.00, 2-up seat rack with adjustable tilt (unpainted mounts) - $90.00

Drifter 1500-
saddlebag mounts - $125.00, heavy duty rack for solo seat (requires either oem saddlebag mounts or my saddlebag mounts) - $95.00, solo seat light duty tilt adjustable rack with unpainted mounts - $85.00, 2-up seat rack with adjustable tilt (unpainted mounts) - $90.00, seat mounting brackets for both solo and 2 up seat (the small ones that bolt to the under side of the seat and then to the frame..just started making those) - $10.00/pr (unpainted)

Backrest mount that works with all of my racks (pad not included) - $49.50.

Unless otherwise indicated, all items include heavy duty black powder coat.  Shipping not included.  Mounting hardware not included.  New orders for items not in stock require 50% upfront deposit (non-refundable).  Balance including shipping is due when item(s) are ready to ship.

I hope this gives some clarity to what is available.  Manufacturing time is generally 4 weeks.  Message me if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks to all that already purchased some of these items.

OR Seedman

OR Seedman

badboy194

Are these 2 pieces still available?  If sold out, which it seems they are, are there plans for any more?

OR Seedman

The backrest mount is $45.00 US (includes mounting screws/lock nuts).  I will post it in the classifieds as a stand alone item.  you need to purchase your own back rest pad to mount on it (everyone wants something different and I don't want to carry inventory of all the different styles)  i put a Mustang pad on mine....

the mount has about 3" of forward/backward movement...you mount it under the top of the rack through the 4  pre-drilled holes .

OR Seedman

drifter-paul

OR Seedman,

What is the cost of your backrest?

Do you also make the OEM saddlebag mounts (I do have blueprints from Qld, Australia for these, but it would be handy if you do these).

If you have either of these can you provide cost including new combined postage  ?

Thanks,

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

drifter-paul

OR Seedman,

Beautiful looking unit. I have "Buy now"ed it.I have acquired a topbox recently and was looking at designing something, but you seem to have covered my requirements already.
Have not used the VDR Classifieds before - there is no postage cost/option listed.  I am in Australia and postage is pretty brutal from US now.  Please determine a bubble wrapped minimum size package, at 2- 3 weeks delivery time - no rush - but not by paddle boat or concord  - and advise me of cost and how to add this to my payment.
If it is too much trouble for you to post O/S , then please advise and I will withdraw my offer. If the postage exceeds the cost of the rack, then I would like to be able to withdraw my offer.

:)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Trall

Great looking piece.  If I did not have the factory set-up I would buy one.   Its great your continuing to make Drifter parts this are no longer in production.  Your a Drifter die hard.......Keep it up....

Old Drifter

Looks great...nice job! It's a great alternative at a fair price if one desires a 1500 solo seat rack.

Gene

1999 Drifter

OR Seedman

So...through a special request, I designed a rear rack for solo seat 1500 drifters with the OEM saddlebag mounts.  This rack mounts the same way as the factory Fire & Steel chrome rack, but has 3 height settings and is pre-drilled for the backrest mount I also sell.  One is spoken for and one is available and is being put in the classifieds....it is very sturdy and you can mount a pad on it for a passenger seat in a pinch.  Since the chrome racks are no longer around, this could be a good substitute.....has a heavy black powder coat..will be priced at $85 plus shipping..

OR Seedman

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk