Mystery start.

Started by Szokez, April 19, 2017, 15:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chief

how old is your battery? Batteries will do that... let them "rest" a while and they have enough juice to start up.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

moto

Quote from: Szokez on April 19, 2017, 15:10:34 PM

Turned the key, switched ignition and pushed the starter button. Nothing but a faint click under the fuel tank every time I pushed the starter. All power on, lights on the dash perfect, and after several tries the same outcome. Got no better idea so I tried to pop the clutch after pupshing it for a few feet. Tried it twice and got the expected result: abrupt stop after releasing the clutch. Turned off everything than turned everything back on, pushed the starter button, and voila the bike started immediately. No clue whatsoever!
Rode it for a while, stopped at EMS Headquarters parking lot, tried to start it and got the same thing, click under the tank and nothing more.
Sitting at in-service at EMS right now, so I thought to send a shoutout hopefully get an answer before I finish and ready to go home.

Anybody had anything like this.
Thanks.

Check a starter relay. I have same problem last year, when I change starter relay, problem solved and bike started like a dream.

Szokez

Thank you for the advice. I haven't checked the board for a while since the issue did happen only once or twice, so I just ignored it (best way to deal with problems). However it started to happen almost every time I tried to start it for the last two weeks, and I got frustrated. As soon as I get home today I'll check the connection and see if that solve he problem.
Thanks again.
Z

Pilgrim

Possibly your clutch switch where it connects at the clutch lever was loose. Check it and make sure it is plugged in tight. If there is a loose connection there it will cause a no start.

Szokez

Turned the key, switched ignition and pushed the starter button. Nothing but a faint click under the fuel tank every time I pushed the starter. All power on, lights on the dash perfect, and after several tries the same outcome. Got no better idea so I tried to pop the clutch after pupshing it for a few feet. Tried it twice and got the expected result: abrupt stop after releasing the clutch. Turned off everything than turned everything back on, pushed the starter button, and voila the bike started immediately. No clue whatsoever!
Rode it for a while, stopped at EMS Headquarters parking lot, tried to start it and got the same thing, click under the tank and nothing more.
Sitting at in-service at EMS right now, so I thought to send a shoutout hopefully get an answer before I finish and ready to go home.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I have been riding the bike several times since the event above without any problem. No clue what happened , and unable to recreate the issue.

Szokez

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk