Folding Chaps

Started by DriftinGirl, February 15, 2014, 09:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49Reo

Now that is a couple of good vids there, have to remember that.

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

chief

Anyone in the Navy knows they spend a lot of time in bootcamp teaching how to "fold/roll" clothes. There are two reasons: 1) it teaches discipline and 2) you have very limited space onboard ship and you cannot iron your clothes everyday. The way we fold our clothes saves space and keeps the clothes as wrinkle free as possible.

I have used these techniques ever since and they work well on motorcycles. We did 17 days and 5000 miles on our last long trip - on the Goldwing. We got everything we needed into the trunk and bags - and rarely had to use an iron.

This is really an interesting and useful subject.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

greenbarn

Quote from: DriftinGirl on February 16, 2014, 08:31:30 AM

@GB..I had to try that and it works!!

Yes it works! I packed for our trip and I folded all our shirts that way!  Long sleeved stuff is a little more challenging...
Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 15, 2014, 19:50:37 PM

that is too complicated .

Nah, it's as simple as A-B-C..... how can anything that only takes 2 seconds be that complicated???
No Worries

DriftinGirl

Quote from: CDNRatMan on February 15, 2014, 19:50:37 PM

that is too complicated I got me one of them thingy's that my hero Sheldon uses to fold his clothing...

@Ratman Do you have pics of  how you modified Sheldon's folder to fit in a saddle bag for the road?? I love mine but find it is just too long to fit properly.

@GB..I had to try that and it works!!

CDNRatMan

that is too complicated I got me one of them thingy's that my hero Sheldon uses to fold his clothing...

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

That is pretty slick.   While we're packing saddlebags, here is how you can fold your t-shirts FAST to pack in there with the chaps...
Drift in here we come...

http://youtu.be/uz6rjbw0ZA0
No Worries

DriftinGirl

;D  It's ok...we ladies do NOT have a no men rule!

CDNRatMan

lol   now that is cool and I learned that here......cool....sorry was just looking what was happening.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

DriftinGirl

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk