Drift-In 2013

Started by chief, October 24, 2012, 16:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Gee, that's a tall order for just being here "overnight".  Maybe you should come the week before, maybe I could do it in about a week.  Don't worry about being bored.  I can find plenty of stuff to do around here.....   

No Worries

CDNRatMan

ok Greenbarn it will be about an 8 hour ride to 0hi0 for me and then over night there and ride with you down so you have to plan the route and Americanize me....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

BamaBikerMom

Troll

See. If I lived only 7 1/2 hours away, I'd probably do it several times a year, and probably with both bikes....Tell Dk that the chrome feather strips on his bike are available at Bike Bandit for about $45 each...I might just have to order some for when I repaint......

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

BamaBikerMom

We have rode the dragon many times... it is defiantly fun!! 8)

Troll

Not complaining, just stating a fact. I surely do not mind riding 1,000 miles for a good time...3,000 might be stretching it. I got my picture from Killboy. I don't know what kind of cameras they use, but you can count the ventilation holes on my gloves as I rode by at like 40....Here it is resampled to 40% Too bad you guys got in so late on Friday and missed this ride...it was OUTRAGEOUS!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

BamaBikerMom

oh quit whining  Troll..... you need some cheese?? LOL....

Troll

7 1/2 hours...mine will be 1,000 miles....Hmmmmm

greenbarn

That's kind of how I figured it.  I was just looking at routes for next year's location.  It'a about a 7.5 hour trip via interstates.  I figured unless I wanted to make it a 2-day trip, it pretty much needs to stay on the interstate most of the way.  I'll look for "short cuts", though.... ;D

No Worries

Troll

Usually, I do a little of both kinds of roads. Since there was a time constraint for Wed. I took Interstate most of the way, but I did run along some mountain rivers through the Cherokee National Forest in Tennessee  and North Carolina, then down 129 to Helen. On the way back I took a totally different route from Helen to Dalton, Ga. and back mostly to Interstate. If I don't have a set destination, or time table, then I figure out a mix of roads and just go....

greenbarn

Hey Troll, on a trip that long, do you plan out a better "nice" riding route (e.g. state highways, etc.) or do you just plan to have to use the interstates, in the interest of time??   Just curious....

No Worries

Pilgrim

Made my reservations today also...creekside.  8)

BamaBikerMom

got our (DKTime and me) reservations today for Drift-In 2014.... woot woot... can't wait!! 8)

Troll

More goodies. https://picasaweb.google.com/109550952480484427597/FunInGeorgia#5904269025567992306
Thursday morning, we all took off for a "moderate" skills ride...I'll let you be the judge. As a side note, most of the 500 miles I rode with the groups was done in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear...there's not enough straight road to get to 5th...

Gerhardberger

Quote from: Troll on July 24, 2013, 07:31:12 AM

Gerhardberger: there is a button on the page that says download.

Yes...I tried several times, but with no success, ad the text in the button is always gray, never black. I'm using Chrome....
I installed an adon on chrome and lets see if it works

thks anyway

Troll

Gerhardberger: there is a button on the page that says download.

waltervl

Quote from: Gerhardberger on July 22, 2013, 05:40:53 AM

Nice pictures.I counted 20 Drifter on the pictures. Unfortunetely I will never be able to attend such a meeting...Too many thousands miles distance... :-[

Hello Gerhard, in Europe there are also Drifter meetings. In UK, Germany and Sweden, sometimes in the Netherlands.
This year in september in UK (20th) and Germany (15th)
See also some topics in http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

Gerhardberger

TROLL: ¿Is there any way to download your video to watch it on my TV screen?

litlreddrifter

Hey guys! Relly enjoyed seeing all the drifters ...wow beautiful bikes especially in large numbers. Didnt get in on all the fun rides hopefully next year we will get a room at the main location. You guys are great and would like to hang out with yall more next time . Looking forward to next year .

CDNRatMan

Troll I put it to the big screen and it was hard to watch on there because I kept wanting to look up or to the sides to see what was going on there. But it is really going to be a good winter ride in the living room.

BamaBikerMom

Looking forward to Maggie Valley 2014 drift-in.......  8)

Troll

How about the video? Did you get dizzy(er)?

CDNRatMan

;)  thanks for the pictures they are really nice.....makes me eat my heart out that I missed this event.

Troll

Here's a link to the whole album...not sorted or labeled, yet....I'm going for a ride!
https://picasaweb.google.com/109550952480484427597/DriftIn2013

Troll

Here's a couple more pictures of the bike show....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk