Vulcan Drifter Riders

• November 17, 2017, 15:30:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 14:03:31 
Started by BlackBlueMagoo - Last post by BlackBlueMagoo
Took the front caliper over to a friends shop this morning..installed new Caliper Rebuild kit..polished up the pistons to look like shiny new dimes..pressure tested the brake line(for leaks)and rebuilt the master cylinder with a new kit. Put everything back together, hooked up the one way bleeder tool..fresh DOT4..pumped it up and pressure started to build..got a firm lever..took it for a short ride
and PRESTO...Lots of Front Brakes! I want to Thank Everyone for their input on my brake problem..it was all Good Information!
Respects. Magoo.

on: Today at 10:48:09 
Started by drifter-paul - Last post by indue
That it is...

on: Today at 00:06:36 
Started by CDNRatMan - Last post by CDNRatMan
  Well seems like everything is here other then the progressive springs for the front end and the progressive rear shock. So once my arm is better and I can use it as needed I will start on Pearl's metamorphosis to her new theme. We are just going to get all the parts needed and go over them and then we can start from the butterfly effect.
   rims to powder coating;
   new bars;
   new custom seat and luggage rack;
   800 watts of stereo;
   lowers;
   travel trunk;
   then the metamorphosis to the chosen theme.........

on: November 16, 2017, 22:25:27 PM 
Started by CDNRatMan - Last post by greenbarn
probably when the snow starts....  It's a lot warmer down there,...   right?

on: November 16, 2017, 22:08:06 PM 
Started by BlackBlueMagoo - Last post by greenbarn
The Mityvac works well.

https://www.amazon.com/Mityvac-MV8000-Automotive-Test-Bleeding/dp/B00265M9SS/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1510891192&sr=1-2&keywords=mityvac

on: November 16, 2017, 21:58:43 PM 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by greenbarn
OR : 
Great looking bike, and what a deal!!   Of course you had some sweat equity in the equation too -- time is money.    How many hours was the bevel gear bearing for you??     Would you be so kind as to share the bearing information for us??   

on: November 16, 2017, 19:43:50 PM 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by OR Seedman
not sure....the bearings on both the engine bevel gear and the shaft bevel gear are splashed with oil....but what the failure on the engine shaft one is caused by I have no idea.....

on: November 16, 2017, 19:35:46 PM 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by Bucko
I've never heard that the bearing failure was widespread.  Is there an oil starvation problem in that area?

on: November 16, 2017, 16:30:22 PM 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
Kawasaki Canada Updates Website With Full Details and Pricing on 2018 Models (with video) (Bike Reports) (News)

Full details, specifications and pricing for Kawasaki’s new 2018 Canadian models, including the Ninja H2 SX sport tourer, Z900RS (including the cafĂ© version) and Ninja 400 are available on Kawasaki Canada’s web site here. Interesting for any number of reasons, Canadian pricing is perhaps most interesting. The new Ninja 400 starts at $5,799 Canadian, […]
Source: Kawasaki Canada Updates Website With Full Details and Pricing on 2018 Models (with video) (Bike Reports) (News)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: November 16, 2017, 14:52:45 PM 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by OR Seedman
lots of Vulcan 1500 owners (not just drifters) have reported front bevel gear bearing failure at anywhere from 25k to 35k miles....seems to be quite common across the board on the 1500 engines....could be that the failure is due to harder riding than most Drifter owners subject their bikes to.  The oem bearings are a medium load rated bearing with so-so tolerances, so I looked around for something stronger.  I buy aftermarket farm equipment bearings all the time, so I got the specs and found a heavy duty bearing with tighter tolerance and 3,000 rpm higher rating at about 1/8 the cost.....not everything has to be OEM with a Kawasaki brand name price tag.... ;)

I dipped the grips yesterday and put them back on the bike today....much better...now I can actually hold onto the handlebars when accelerating..

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!