Vulcan Drifter Riders

• July 22, 2017, 07:50:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 05:46:38 
Started by Tumminelli - Last post by Troll
Rivets on the front fender to internal mount bracket? Anybody check those?

on: July 21, 2017, 23:07:39 PM 
Started by Tfrank59 - Last post by Tfrank59
Follow up: so I didn't bother bringing my old battery down to get it load tested. I just went ahead and bought a new battery and put it in and she fired right up. happy ending. thanks a lot!

on: July 21, 2017, 20:39:08 PM 
Started by Tumminelli - Last post by Tumminelli
Hi. Have an 01 800 drifter for about a year now and only has 7000 miles on it. When ever I hit a manhole cover or bump in the road, the only way I can explained it is it sounds like a thump. Like the headlight, windshield and road lights are shaking, but the all tight. I've hit the same bumps with my buddies honda shadow and no thump.

Had the shop ( second one) change the fork oil to higher Viscosity and adjust front and rear suspension. He checked all the specs and it is all perfect. It still does it. The bike is smooth as glass otherwise.

Is this just the way these bikes are or is he missing something?

on: July 21, 2017, 18:54:23 PM 
Started by Lucinda - Last post by Tumminelli
Just my 2 cents. My 800 was doing something like that and it turned out the battery cable had come loose. Tightened it up, ran perfect again.

on: July 21, 2017, 14:15:03 PM 
Started by moto - Last post by --Jerry S--
I need to know where the wires go so I can back track 

on: July 21, 2017, 12:28:51 PM 
Started by moto - Last post by Old Drifter
It do not see a power commander behind side covers and not that it matters to me but here is one of the many very documented receipts given to me when I picked up the bike and it was only a 4600 or so mile bike.  The cobra pipe and k and n mentioned was part of the deal as well and I have this pipe. Where would the power commander be.  Any other place to put it?

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag259/EBeybuzzard/IMG_1216_zpsgasdkbvf.jpg

Look under both side covers and inside the headlight bucket. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

on: July 21, 2017, 10:06:23 AM 
It do not see a power commander behind side covers and not that it matters to me but here is one of the many very documented receipts given to me when I picked up the bike and it was only a 4600 or so mile bike.  The cobra pipe and k and n mentioned was part of the deal as well and I have this pipe. Where would the power commander be.  Any other place to put it?

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag259/EBeybuzzard/IMG_1216_zpsgasdkbvf.jpg

on: July 21, 2017, 07:56:06 AM 
When did you get the 800? Inquiring minds want to know or did you just add that because you are thinking about it.....

The receipt pile had a power commander as being installed on the 1500. I will go check to see if I see it.

The 1999 - 800 we pick up the 28th then head to our friends NC mountain top home for a week.

I never thought I would own four bikes.  I have issues!

on: July 21, 2017, 05:09:33 AM 
Started by moto - Last post by drifter-paul
Chief, Troll
So any Cobra Fi2000 will do, it just means if it's not specified for your model, you need to tune it ? I see one for a Suzuki Boulevard M109R for $160 - including free (3 weeks) to ship to Australia. This one is called tripot (and supposedly easier to fit) yet another version says works with OEM, are these easier to fit to a Drifter. Is one model - 2000/2000R/2000 Tri pot easier to fit than another ? I can change/solder connectors etc, but might as well start with the easiest one. The Power pro model sounds flash, but for the price(s) it's out of my range.   
Many Thanks  :)

on: July 21, 2017, 02:21:40 AM 
Started by Old Drifter - Last post by KEN.
Ya know I'm just having a close up look and I think he has a Harley windshield on it too.. I have one on mine as well.
As far as the muffler goes that is the Nicest I've seen.....I like how the rear pipe fits into the muffler not in front as most do..so it will flow much better.....KEN.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!