After being on jackstand for awhile it won't start

Started by jamman, May 01, 2017, 16:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamman

Well found my issue after finally getting back to working on the bike

It was the tip over switch .. it was apparently never bolted on and was laying upside down in front of the battery tray .. flipped it over and bolted up and purrs like a kitten again !!

jamman

Thanks for the info

I have a 99 Drifter

Will check A, B & C

I recharged original battery and replaced it as well

drifter-paul

A - There is an electrical connection to the clutch pod , under the brake fluid reservoir. - Is is loose ?

B - Did you bolt the vehicle-down sensor back in place tightly, when you changed the battery - tank end of the metal bar that holds the battery down.

C - What year Drifter do you have? 1999 & 2000, have a short black plastic cover on the left side above the clutch basket - just 2 * 8 mm screws to get to the sidestand clip-in  connection, for testing.

D - recharged and replaced
- you mean you bought a new battery? , or just put the old one back after recharging ???

E - If you flooded it, you would certainly be able to smell it - I can in Winter when my battery is on the way out, despite recharging. - They need a lot of cranking amps.

F - Fuel clean

You have a curious mix of symptoms there - that is all I can suggest for starters.  :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

jamman

All,

Had my used to run like a top

I put it up on a jack stand for about 2 months removing tires/replacing, painting fenders etc ..

Finally got it all back together and tried to fire it up ... it started then died after about 10 secs ... after that it just turns over and does not even fire ... once in a great while if I let it sit for awhile and try it again it will start up run for a short time and die ..

I recharged and replaced the battery and that did not help

I hear the fuel pump turn on and build pressure every time

I also tried to start with bike in gear and clutch pulled in and it wont even turn over ..

Not sure if the kickstand switch is working or not .. Could that play a factor if it was damaged ?

I did twist the gas when trying to start it and likely flooded it ..

Any suggestions are welcome !!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk