headlight issues (high beam ok, low beam not ok)

Started by montreal_drifter, June 27, 2017, 23:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

There is no relay that would affect just the low beam. The wiring is pretty simple. Look for a corroded connection in the headlight bucket, or perhaps (though not likely) a bad headlight dimmer switch

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

montreal_drifter

Hi guys,

Pulling my hair out on this issue.  I was in Laconia this year for a fantastic weekend and my headlight went out.  Rider ahead of me noticed it go out from his rear view during the day.  It's been intermittent too.  Somedays, the low beams come on, most days I'm stuck with just the highs.  I did a full headlight replacement as a starting point.  Same issue.  I tried swapping the fuse after a visual check...not that either.  I'm no mechanic or very electrical savvy so trying to save myself a few hundred bucks from having my garage tear apart the bike.  In the back of my mind, I suspect they might be able to troubleshoot and fix this in minutes, if not, it's a worse electrical problem that will cost me even more.  If it is in fact a quicker fix, I'm thinking I should be able to DIY this.  I've been looking at posts and have found similar threads but in reverse (high not ok, low ok) and other threads that talk about relays and stators.  Not sure where to even find the relay as a starting point.  I thought that if I swap for a new relay, could solve the issue.  Anyone have any experience with this and where I can find that relay....or is there something else I should be doing to resolve this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
Mark

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk