Drifter APP??

Started by chief, March 03, 2017, 11:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

:o  Are you going to settle down soon.....?

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

45 Bravo

Yes starting to get leveled out.
But back in the Deep South.

Houston Texas.

Big change from Wisconsin, and Massachusetts.

Heck, compared to Memphis this place is hot.

But it cools off somewhat in the evenings.

Starting to Look around the area for a drifter.

CDNRatMan

:o Ian are you back?

45 Bravo

I know it's an old thread,
but a maintenance reminder/log.
Mileage record/mpg calculator.

And for grins a gps tracking option to record your past rides and display them on a map.

Ontargetbill

App that would.

1.) Help you find parts online using intelligent google searching techniques which some folks may not know of and can help pinpoint hard to find drifter parts.
2.) Have a built in TAC.
3.) Recommended Maintenance tips and tricks.
4.) How to's..

Just a few thoughts. I'd buy it.

chief

My smart phone does the site nicely... but you can also change the "theme" to the mobile theme... top right dropdown... Redsy theme. The phone should call up the mobile site on its own, though.

Cheers.
Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

RockinRollin

2 days ago I just got my first smart phone, up till now I've used a company flip phone. I hear you can get apps for GPS and just about everything. Now if there was a Drifter app would it have a connection to this forum but in a user friendly format made for cell phones? I tried logging into the forum on my new phone but found it difficult to move around. What else could you put in it? Kawasaki dealerships, gas stations, liquor stores? Again I just arrived in the 21st century so I'm not sure what else is out there for motorcycle or other apps.

greenbarn

I'm a little lost here too, Chief.  I can't think of "drifter" specific things I need on an app....   Can you throw out a few ideas to start the creative juices flowing???   Are you thinking stuff like Drifter specs, and stuff like that??

No Worries

Indian_fan

I guess I don't even know what the other 'biker apps' are that are out there or what's included. A couple of things come to mind: find closest gas station, find closest police/medical, find closest m/c repair shop. I'm probably antiquated when it comes to most of this stuff myself - just pull up a Google search.

DC

With all my wives, my phone never stops ringing (always some other chore added to the list  ???), which is why I always like to let the battery run down.   :o

CDNRatMan

8) Ah you have a wife.....

well when you are here in July I will tell you a really good story about cell phones........ :o

chief

If they removed the voice telephone service from my smartphone, I'd never miss it. I answer about 5 phone calls a year... 4 of those from my wife... she knows to text me!.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

:o oh ok see I would have to buy a phone for this.......then people would be able to reach me when I want to be left alone......

chief

Quote from: CDNRatMan on March 03, 2017, 15:43:52 PM

:( whats an app?

Like a refrigerator except its digital and lives on your smartphone... and you usually don't have to worry about stuff turning green.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

mittico68

How about giving the opportunity to track down the other Drifter riders, by simply clickin' your app?
Obviously, the first thing to do is to seek the consent of each user to let it show its location on the map...

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

chief

I'm considering building a VDR/Drifter/Motorcycle app so I thought I'd put this out to the membership.

Were I to build such an animal what would you like to see in the app?  (I know there are other bike apps out there, haven't found any very useful.) Give this some thought and let me know your ideas. Thanks.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk