Drifters at Harley Fest - Who's Going?.

Started by jmbo, August 30, 2013, 14:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC

Quote from: Troll on August 30, 2013, 16:52:22 PM

I went with a small group to the 85th...it sucked, so since there will be another one next year...I can wait...or I could have gone to Sturgis to watch drunks on bikes...Naaah. I'm going to spend the weekend riding....maybe down to the Kettles! Bike was down for 11 days waiting to replace the bevel drive. I rode the "W"...now I have just 3 months to get to 83,000...

I've seen it on TV and on videos.   Probably not my crowd.  I like a drink here and there, but I don't think bikes and booze mix at all.

DC

Quote from: dakuhosu on September 01, 2013, 20:25:40 PM

I like to ride to the rally, then right back! Too many people at those things. Right now there is crazy bike action around here with the 4 corners rally going on. These type of events suck for me, I got to bring my own Gluten free beer, no saddlebags, everybody is eating burgers and I got my fruit and veggies, no fucking salad dressing even, @#$% that I just don't fit in.

That would be my problem too.  No food I could eat there.

dakuhosu

Quote from: John Hopkins on September 02, 2013, 13:42:57 PM

There is no way I could live like that, but I take my hat off to you for doing it, I know some people who take up to 14 pills a day to keep the pain at bay and others who won't take any medicines for religious reasons..Me? I just figure I have had my three score and ten and have enjoyed every minute, I'm not going to let doctors cloud my last few years with pills that may not work properly, any pains I get I can live with and if I am really lucky, one day I will fall off a motorbike and be dead before I hit the ground..

John.

Kinda sucks but i've eaten the deep pan meat lovers before, in great quantities so I don't think I'm missing too much. Pills would just make me crazy and kill off my liver. I believe Indian Larry knew what he was doing. Nagging chronic pain is the worst, just wrecks you in every way, 

John Hopkins

There is no way I could live like that, but I take my hat off to you for doing it, I know some people who take up to 14 pills a day to keep the pain at bay and others who won't take any medicines for religious reasons..Me? I just figure I have had my three score and ten and have enjoyed every minute, I'm not going to let doctors cloud my last few years with pills that may not work properly, any pains I get I can live with and if I am really lucky, one day I will fall off a motorbike and be dead before I hit the ground..

John.

dakuhosu

I doubt I'll be living a long time, I'm afraid most of the damage has been done long before I ever felt any pain. I still look good though!

Troll

So, you're going to live a long time, or will it just seem to be along time? 

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

dakuhosu

Quote from: greenbarn on September 01, 2013, 20:53:46 PM

Gluten free beer?  no Burgers?  Veggies, no dressing?  Dude, thank GOD for your Drifter, otherwise you wouldn't have ANYTHING good to enjoy..  ;D

You're not joking. I used to love coffee, had to give that up too. I'm enjoying great health though, that's gotta account for something, right?

greenbarn

Quote from: dakuhosu on September 01, 2013, 20:25:40 PM

I like to ride to the rally, then right back! Too many people at those things. Right now there is crazy bike action around here with the 4 corners rally going on. These type of events suck for me, I got to bring my own Gluten free beer, no saddlebags, everybody is eating burgers and I got my fruit and veggies, no fucking salad dressing even, @#$% that I just don't fit in.

Gluten free beer?  no Burgers?  Veggies, no dressing?  Dude, thank GOD for your Drifter, otherwise you would't have ANYTHING good to enjoy..  ;D

No Worries

dakuhosu

jmbo

Buzzed up the Milwaukee yesterday morning. Not much on the road before 9 AM but once it hit 10 AM it was like flies on a glazed donut. Bikes were everywhere.  Cruised around a bit then got my butt out of town. Don't mind riding in the city but I'm a back roads boy. In fact I just got back from leading a group of HD boys and girls on the back roads in Walworth/Racine Counties.  Stopped for a couple barley pops in Eagle then dropped them off at the Bunker in Waterford. Nice ride. Beat the rain home.

Jimb

Troll

I went with a small group to the 85th...it sucked, so since there will be another one next year...I can wait...or I could have gone to Sturgis to watch drunks on bikes...Naaah. I'm going to spend the weekend riding....maybe down to the Kettles! Bike was down for 11 days waiting to replace the bevel drive. I rode the "W"...now I have just 3 months to get to 83,000...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

griz01

Burlington has been a hot bed of bikes this week! Some looking pretty nice I had mine in town several times this week,(mostly at Lucky Star & Charcoal Grill) always drew some comments from the visitors, mostly postive! Met a very nice couple from France this morning riding harleys. Could not figure out if they owned them, little language problem.  Not going this week end though, really hate crowds that big and guess I don't want to show up all those Harleys ;D

1999 Drifter 1500

jmbo

Live just south of Milwaukee. Heading up to the Harley gig this weekend. Any other Drifters planning to attend?

Jimb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk