Vulcan Drifter Riders

• September 24, 2017, 05:26:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:52:39 
Started by 49Reo - Last post by Bucko
A 1600 Drifter is indeed rare.  ;D

on: September 23, 2017, 23:18:04 PM 
Started by Scott Luck - Last post by CDNRatMan
  Well I have progressive on the front and rear of the bike and the progressive 465-1148 mono shock was really worth the funds spent.  Not that hard of a swap job really if you are of a mind to do the work yourself. The swapping of the springs up front is easy. Doing a valve adjustment is not hard doing the check is really simple. OH hypercharger I did not do that ....lol.......

on: September 23, 2017, 20:39:22 PM 
Started by Scott Luck - Last post by OR Seedman
yeah...I've been looking at that mod, too. Probably time to change the fork oil anyway.  I am also looking at the progressive rear spring, since I am going to have the whole bike torn down this winter....replacing tires, doing the valve lash, putting on the new hypercharger, etc...

on: September 23, 2017, 18:45:47 PM 
Started by Scott Luck - Last post by CDNRatMan
 On the topic sort of, I replaced the original front springs with a set of progressive springs from a 1500 Drifter and then added 1/4" to the spacer provided. This made a huge improvement in the front end. Winter is coming mod time....

on: September 23, 2017, 18:42:55 PM 
Started by BlackBlueMagoo - Last post by CDNRatMan
From what I understand they  were the same thickness.

on: September 23, 2017, 12:30:09 PM 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
Aragón MotoGP Qualifying Results (News) (Race Results)

Factory Yamaha had a good day at the Aragón circuit with Maverick Viñales qualifying on pole for tomorrow’s race, while teammate Valentino Rossi qualified in third position. Splitting the two Yamaha teammates was second quickest Jorge Lorenzo (Ducati). Rossi, of course, is just three weeks away from breaking his right leg, and undergoing surgery. Rossi […]
Source: Aragón MotoGP Qualifying Results (News) (Race Results)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: September 23, 2017, 09:31:21 AM 
Started by Scott Luck - Last post by OR Seedman
Well, we finally had some nice weather again, so I took my 800 with the new batwing fairing out yesterday afternoon for a test run.  I went out on some country back roads to get a good feel on the handling vs. the old windshield.  Several things I noticed, especially at higher speed (60+ mph)

HUGE increase in stability at higher speeds
MUCH LESS wind buffeting to my arms and shoulders....much more comfortable for longer rides
A bit heavier in the front end so compensation is necessary in turns, both slow and high speed...
Less front end "bounce" on un-even road surfaces....probably due to the increase weight over the forks.  Between the fairing, stereo and speakers. the unit weighs about 28 lbs.  That doesn't sound like much, but it is noticeable...

Overall, I am really surprised in the improved ride quality....even though the actual windshield is lower compared to my riding height, I get much less wind-buffeting to my body and head vs the regular style windshield....plus the stereo kicks A$$!  ;D

I am quite happy with the setup...

This winter, I plan on taking it to a local body shop and having it re-painted to fix the issues that occurred when it fell on the floor from the stand I had it on....

on: September 23, 2017, 09:15:17 AM 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by OR Seedman
Solo Seat Backrest Pad Mount

Solo seat backrest pad mount for use with various racks I sell.  3 inches of forward/backward adjustment.  made from heavy gauge steel with black powder coat.  Include for button top stainless steel allen mounting screws with lock-nuts.  Buyer pays shipping.  Buyer to provide backrest pad (4 mounting holes pre-drilled in mount for attaching a pad with wooden or hard plastic backing)

More Information

on: September 23, 2017, 08:57:04 AM 
Started by OR Seedman - Last post by OR Seedman
The backrest mount is $45.00 US (includes mounting screws/lock nuts).  I will post it in the classifieds as a stand alone item.  you need to purchase your own back rest pad to mount on it (everyone wants something different and I don't want to carry inventory of all the different styles)  i put a Mustang pad on mine....

the mount has about 3" of forward/backward movement...you mount it under the top of the rack through the 4  pre-drilled holes .

on: September 23, 2017, 06:25:32 AM 
Started by drifter-paul - Last post by drifter-paul
Answer is between 126,000 and 162,000 Kilometers( with enthusiastic use, but not enough for Police attention)  Good at 126 when I did cams etc - no so good at 162.

Check the pictures. I reckon 1 fistful short of major grief.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!