Me again, is there a Japanese 400 Drifter?

Started by --Jerry S--, March 26, 2017, 22:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Quote from: --Jerry S-- on March 27, 2017, 06:40:18 AM

Interesting exhaust on that one, I assume that it is the same guts as the 800cc with different bore, stroke and jugs. Then no weight savings, not sure why they did that.  Oh well.

My understanding is that a lot of places have CC restrictions, regarding licensing and/or registration.  In other words, you get you license "up to" a certain CC limit, and tags are based on CC limits.  I'm not sure about all that, the "where"s and the details, but that's the general impression I've had.  I always figured this was the reason.

No Worries

DC

Bucko

DC

That could be an interesting bike for the stable.

--Jerry S--

Interesting exhaust on that one, I assume that it is the same guts as the 800cc with different bore, stroke and jugs. Then no weight savings, not sure why they did that.  Oh well. 

CDNRatMan

There is or was a 400 made, looks like an 800, but I have only heard of a very few being imported to any place. Seems they stayed in Japan from what I have read.
https://preview.trademe.co.nz/motors/trade-me-motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/1286210378
like this one in NZ but notice the rear signal lights are not stock......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

The 400 is an elusive, some say mythical creature.   I think it's water cooled, but of course I've not seen any more of them than unicorns or leprechauns...

No Worries

--Jerry S--

I see youtube stuff and 400 is the only thing I can read and they talk soocki ocki icky. So I'm just guessing they made a 400 and it never hit the states?  Most likely air cooled and then 400ccs must be one of the smallest v twin made.  V- twinkie if a 400.   ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk