need an obsolete part

Started by allstateguy, September 14, 2016, 11:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CycloneRider

allstateguy

Thanks for the pix Outlaw! I'm surprised that $16 NOS part is so hard to find at a reasonable cost. Being NLA certainly does not warrant Corvette prices for simple plastic. If I can find some plastic thin enough to do the simple bends on the edges I'll try that myself. I looked under the dual seat when I put it on and at least it comes very close to the battery box in the open area right underneath. The cover only keeps varmints and maybe 20% of the dust from getting into the battery/ignitor area.

Current bikes/projects:  1982 Yamaha Vision; 1967 Yamaha 180 Bonanza; 1974 Jensen-Healey

outlaw

I made one out of plastic will post what it looks like when I down load the photos.

CycloneRider

I have one. $30+shipping

CDNRatMan

8) I went to the local dealer and it is NLA (no longer available) I have them trying to find one for a classic and see if I can get one that route.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

chief

Kawasaki doesn't list it as obsolete. Have you tried your local dealer? I will email mine to see if they can get one.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

allstateguy

Partzilla is who I started this journey with. They cancelled the order because that piece is NLA. Same result at every big part seller on Google. That's why I'm fishing for a used one.

Current bikes/projects:  1982 Yamaha Vision; 1967 Yamaha 180 Bonanza; 1974 Jensen-Healey

dkeshish

CDNRatMan

I'll check in the morning for you and let you know.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

allstateguy

I need the plastic battery/electrical area plastic cover Kawasaki part number 14091-1060

It is listed on every site I can find as no longer available. But as it is not a wear item, surely there are plenty of used ones. If anyone knows of a parted out Drifter 800, let me know. I would like to have it new or used.

Thanks!

http://pdn1.vnexttech.com/kaw/mc/i1008/frame_fittings/assembly_files/10/1_0.png

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk