ABATE and River run

Started by Troll, September 04, 2016, 19:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Thanks for the pics, Troll.  nice.

No Worries

Troll

Actually, I'm working as a Medical transport driver. I usually start between 3 and 4:30 am, and work 12+ hour days. I'm scheduled for 2 days a week, but often wind up with 3. I'm thinking that the big problem is that I'm just too beat on my days off to get properly motivated to do anything....I went out today with the express purpose of putting on 150 miles of back roads, and ran into a series of thunderstorms. I only got 80 miles on before I had to give up...work tomorrow, off Wed. work again on Thursday, but the weather is supposed to be bad all week...Right now, I have 5,000 miles on the Drifter for the year, and about 1,000 on the W...but there is still a trip to the National Motorcycle Museum coming up (320), and the ABATE state meeting....that should be good for about 300....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Old Drifter

Very nice pics, thanks for posting!

Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

:o  WOW Chief you have a rather large set  to be saying that....you know what it is like to poke a sleeping bear with a sharp stick......well now watch what happens........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

chief

Wait, so you are saying your aren't as busy and that is why you haven't been posting much??  :o 8) 

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

I know I've not been posting much in the forums lately. I haven't been taking as many pictures as I usually do, and, quite frankly, I haven't been riding as much as other years. It looks like I will only get 8,000 miles this year :( I had the "W" out today and took it to the Sept ABATE meeting. There were a few bikes there, and two Slingshots....On the way back home, I took a scenic route and found a barge tow locking through at dam #6. I had been hoping that we would have seen this during the Coulee Cruzin rally, but we didn't. Here's a link to the pictures and some short video of the tow locking through. When I got there, the barges were already through, and the tug was waiting to go into the lock...   https://goo.gl/photos/3cTsUN3m4s6aiqZK8

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk