Howdy from Nova Scotia

Started by Downs, September 26, 2015, 16:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

Downs, for medical reasons I do not drink anymore.

Ok you lost your headlight and a spotlight or is the bulb just burnt out? If they are burnt out then easy but the spot lights do not replace them with anything stronger then a 25 watt bulb.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Downs

CDNRatMan - Do you like beer? I have a bar in my basement with 4 taps of hoppy goodness.

Thanks 49Reo - I ended up losing my headlight and 1 of my light bar bulbs yesterday, so I'm on the hunt to find out how to replace them.

Maybe tackle the tank badge over the winter.

49Reo

Welcome to the madhouse, Downs. You can use a hair dryer(carefully) and heat the logos up, then gently pry the off using you fingers only. And put a piece of stiff plastic under the opposite end when prying or lifting so as not to mark the paint. My wifes cousin (retired bodyshop owner) used straight hot water at a trickle to remove stick-on trim rather than a hair dryer.

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

CDNRatMan

When I am down east this coming spring I'll make it a stop point in Lower Sackville and we can have a visit.

kw-retrorider

Downs....welcome to the forum...not much on the Indian logos myself, but if you have to do them, I like that Indian script. Nice 800 anyway.

Downs

Thanks for the welcome guys.

CDNRatman I'm in Lower Sackville, got the bike in Windsor.

Have seen pauls bike shop in ads, I think I remember him having a drifter or two go through.

Might be out on a big ride today (gotta love fall on the east coast) I'll try and snap some pics then.

mittico68

Welcome aboard, Downs! And nice scoot!
BTW, I agree with you about that "Indian" logo: the Drifter is a Drifter, even though its design is reminiscent of old Indians... 8)

I love my swingin' bike!

greenbarn

Welcome, Downs.   So let's see some better pictures of that paint job, eh??  I can understand your issues with the "Indian" on the tank...  some like it, some don't.   

No Worries

CDNRatMan

Ok were in NS do you call home, Fred and Driftingirl are in NS and you have Paul at Paul's bike shop.... in Sackville NB.

http://www.paulsbikeshop.com/

Depends on how that decal was installed, and what it is, if it is being held on with the normal 2 sided tape then some fishing string and patients ans some goo gone and it should be ok. Then buy the correct period ones for the year of the bike. Were did you find it. Never saw it on Kijiji......

and WELCOME.

pcarrell

Nice scoot!  Welcome to the forum!

Downs

Purchased a VN800 a couple weeks ago, been 2 years since my last bike and have been eyeing Drifters for awhile.

Totally in love with this bike, but not loving that fact that it says Indian on the tank, makes me feel like its a wannabe.

The paint job (hard to tell in this pic) is amazing though, so I'll have to consider replacing those badges and what it will do to the paint.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk