What is your favorite BEER!

Started by chief, January 06, 2011, 19:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Franklin has quite a few places listed on their website...

http://www.batch19.com/locator/

No Worries

greenbarn

Quote from: chief on August 30, 2013, 13:20:40 PM

GB does it taste ANYTHING like Coors?!  If not, I will try some!

Nothing like it.  I should have mentioned that... If I even knew it was made by coors when I first saw it, I might not have even tried it.

Hmmm...  come to think about it, I'm on my way in 10 minutes to go pick up a 6-pack of Batch 19....   My mouth is watering....

No Worries

chief

GB does it taste ANYTHING like Coors?!  If not, I will try some!

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

greenbarn

Recently found a new beer.  Batch 19.  Not a cheap beer, but man it's good.

Coor's says they dug out an old recipe from pre-prohibition, and this is it.

Good stuff.  This is the real deal...

No Worries

waltervl

west mi drift

Old Curmudgeon by Founders

Grand Rapids Michigan has a great selection of microbreweries.

chief

Quote from: dakuhosu on July 15, 2013, 07:51:19 AM

Bards or another Gluten free brand. If your body has not yet rejected this poison I imagine it soon will.

It'd better hurry up...  8)

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

dakuhosu

Bards or another Gluten free brand. If your body has not yet rejected this poison I imagine it soon will.

Troll

A Leinenkugels drinker??? The pride of Chippewa Falls, WI... at least they have something to be proud of.

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

FloridaDrifter

Quote from: DC on September 16, 2012, 11:29:36 AM

My favorite used to be Lienenkugle Northwoods, but they either don't make it anymore, or no longer ship it out to the east coast.

Mmmmmm.  Lineys.  Outstanding choice, sir!

Petemoss

The title should read (for me at least) What is you favorite BEER! today.

Today it is Stone Ruination. Tried it last week and thought it a bit to hoppy. I had the rest tonight and I'm impressed. Very good beer.

David Poirier

I have not had any alcohol since 1994.  Noticed that I had a problem and decided it was time to do something about it.  But, back in the day my favorite was ice cold Lonestar "Longnecks", PBR and my favorite in Germany was Zirndorfer Hell.

greenbarn

Quote from: ChilliDrift on February 11, 2013, 16:10:52 PM

I just found Smitticks as they call it in Ireland.  I really like it! I saw a travel show on the brewerys and I had to try it.. I really like it!

So THAT'S what that waitress the other night was trying to say!!!   I just thought she was illiterate, and couldn't enunciate.  I asked what they had in darker stuff, and she mentioned what I thought was something I hadn't had before.  Then I got it, and realized I had had Smithwicks and liked it.   I never did figure out what she actually called it, but now I see she was saying "smitticks" evidently. 
No Worries

Washbrook

Tooheys Old. A black beer found mainly in NSW Australia. Nothing better!

Man of few words.
VROC 35598

49Reo

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

jmbo

Yup, I'll go along with Smithwick's Irish Ale, and Fat Tire. Guinness is OK but I prefer Murphy's. New Glarus Brewing Company is just a beer glass throw away from me.  Their Spotted Cow and Black Top go down pretty well.  We have a lot of micro brew restaurants in the Milwaukee area that brew thier own beers.  Menu changes so fast I couldn't tell you which ones I like best but I mostly go for the ambers, reds, and darks.  For me life's too short to drink cheap beer!

Jimb

chief

Smithwicks is different from Guinness and compliments it well... I make a BlackSmith... half Guinness and half Smithwick's.

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

ChilliDrift

Quote from: chief on February 11, 2013, 11:47:07 AM

I've drank Smithwicks for a long time and I really like it. I always have that and a couple of different types of Guiness in the fridge.. but ... it is NOT better than Guinness!! (Guiness Draught and Guiness draft at the pub...  in any event). 8)

I just found Smitticks as they call it in Ireland.  I really like it! I saw a travel show on the brewerys and I had to try it.. I really like it!

49Reo

Okay, where do you live: I'm on my way!! :D

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

chief

I do like Fat Tire... Right now I have Harp, Smithwick, Guinness (3 versions), Fat Tire and Murphy's in my beer fridge. And, all this talk is making me thirsty... but still have to work!!!

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

49Reo

Up here in Canadastan :o I like Alexander Keiths India Pale Ale; in the U.S. I like Fat Tire; first had Fat Tire in Portland Oregon 5 winters ago, went down with a couple of co-workers on a work-related mission. Our plane got in late, it was midnight by the time we checked in to our hotel, we were THIRSTY!! and the engineer suggested Fat Tire. So now, every time I am in the states, I have at least one. I don't drink a lot, but do enjoy one once in a while. Same with Guiness Stout; I really enjoy one once in a while.
:)
49Reo

RIP

chief

I've drank Smithwicks for a long time and I really like it. I always have that and a couple of different types of Guiness in the fridge.. but ... it is NOT better than Guinness!! (Guiness Draught and Guiness draft at the pub...  in any event). 8)

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

ginmocny

DriftinGirl

Quote from: ChilliDrift on February 08, 2013, 06:52:49 AM

Have you tried the Smithwicks? Guiness bought their brewery and now make it. It is similar to their stout. I think its better than.

I'll have to give it a try. ;D

ChilliDrift

Quote from: DriftinGirl on February 07, 2013, 20:27:39 PM

might be better than Guiness!

Have you tried the Smithwicks? Guiness bought their brewery and now make it. It is similar to their stout. I think its better than. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk