Drift In 2015

Started by CDNRatMan, July 17, 2015, 13:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

my story is better then a lame wandering lighting bolt from the havens.....lol.....imagine if the hound had had her collar on she could have been fried.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

49Reo

Sheesh. What a mess. Like troll says, Luckily that is all that got damaged. Your house could have gone up in smoke, then you would have had to move the whole kit and kaboodle up to Andys......or Trolls, maybe...Trolls place would be good, you could open a bay just for motorcycles and such....Troll could do all that work for you....

Uh oh. I just realized I am starting to sound like the Ratman...... :o ;D

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

CDNRatMan

Now wait are you blaming me for all this damage?

Or are you trying to say what I was telling everyone at Drift In was a tall tale? But it was a good story........Even got a good laugh from Dawn......lol.....

Troll

You're lucky that is all that got cooked. I've seen mainboards with holes burned in them, big screen tvs catch fire, lots of stuff...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on July 20, 2015, 21:45:34 PM

I found the GB residence with no real issues after that, and I will echo Troll's sentiments from his experience with the family last year, you can not find such nice hosts, they do have a very strange custom, after supper they all stand around the dinning room and then suddenly they all jump and make noises and turn the light off and then go and sit in the dark living room and chat and missus GB goes around lighting candles. Strange but a super couple.

OK, I'm FINALLY getting back fully on-line after the "Andy" night.  we had such a lightning storm that night,  Between being gone to Drift-In, a couple more riding days after that, then our family vacation last week, I still don't have all the damage fixed.  The lightning was so bad that night, I feel blessed this is all that was damaged (so far).

Phone lines coming into the house:  fried
Internet router:  fried
Computer network card:  Fried
In-ground dog fence transformer:  fried
Dog fence control box:  fried

Once I found the phone lines, and repaired them, still no internet (we have DSL).   Figured out the router was not working - got a new one from the ISP, and got it to hookup to DSL, and I could get wireless internet on the laptop - but nothing working on my main computer.  Figured out is must be the network card, so went out and bought a WIFI adapter, and went that route.  So now I'm finally back fully on-line.

The dog fence will have to wait....

No Worries

CDNRatMan

Ok I finally got the picture that I had not taken and it was shown to me and I really needed this picture to show that when the large lady sings it is over.......

CDNRatMan

Thought you were on your second honeymoon why are you on here breaking my chops ....and yes your wife is such a sweetie........when she comes here for a visit I have more of the fudge just for her.......lol....

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 06, 2015, 15:36:28 PM

Now for all you people who beat me up over the auction at Drift In and for making a big deal about the Minion goggles and why I wanted them so bad please look at the pictures below and then I'll accept your apologies for think ill of me........and Stephen I really hope you are getting a lot of use or viewing use of the leather vest I bid on in your behalf.....now you just need to buy her the chaps.......lol.....

I am in the first picture with the goggles ok....

on the ride home I found a place selling Danial Boone coon skin fur hats and bought one....and with the goggles ...

Well, first of all, Logan is obviously a better model than you are....  Looks pretty sharp in his 'coon skin hat and goggles... :)

Second of all, that's definitely an example of a thorn between roses in that first picture, ain't it???? 

No Worries

CDNRatMan

Now for all you people who beat me up over the auction at Drift In and for making a big deal about the Minion goggles and why I wanted them so bad please look at the pictures below and then I'll accept your apologies for think ill of me........and Stephen I really hope you are getting a lot of use or viewing use of the leather vest I bid on in your behalf.....now you just need to buy her the chaps.......lol.....

I am in the first picture with the goggles ok....

on the ride home I found a place selling Danial Boone coon skin fur hats and bought one....and with the goggles ...

CDNRatMan

zig, when I was in CO I went to were they filmed the movie Sacketts.....so there.....lol......When I was riding along some of the back roads and side way places in TN I was thinking of the boys walking those trails and the far Blue Mountains.......Cumberland Gap....is also a reason to ride that way because he mentions it so often......

zig

Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 03, 2015, 21:28:46 PM

got to visit the Cumberland Gap were the Sackett's of Louis L'Amour fame lived and thrived from.

Love the Louis L'Amour reference!  My trip out west, I kept thinking this must be what Mr. L'Amour was seeing while writing those books.  But I thought if I mentioned that, no one would know what I was talking about.

greenbarn

Quote from: CDNRatMan on August 03, 2015, 21:28:46 PM

like the 2 wingers on the ferry from Wolfe Island to Kingston who treated me like a leaper, but that was fine by me.

It was probably that chinese pony tail thingy  on your helmet, don't you know....

Glad to hear you got home safely, and happy to hear you had a good time. 
No Worries

CDNRatMan

Well my trip is over Drift In 15 is done and I am now home. After 4,852.8 kms or 3,015.39012 miles, two countries, one province, 10 states and 2 ferries to make it a round trip, time to do the math and see what I actually spent and what I did with the money. But it will never pay for the fantastic time I had, the fantastic people I met and the fun I had. That includes seeing all the accidents, some wonderful individual in the state of Maryland making my load on the motorcycle lighter I lightened my internal load at a rest area. There is a number of people who made this trip a very memorable one and made it so much fun, but if I name them I am sure to miss one person and then I will hurt someone's feelings so better to just say thanks to everyone who I met and talking to. I got to take a few must do for a biker rides off my bucket list, Moonshiners 28, Tail of the Dragon 129, got to visit the Cumberland Gap were the Sackett's of Louis L'Amour fame lived and thrived from.
I met more people on bikes that were super cool, and some like the 2 wingers on the ferry from Wolfe Island to Kingston who treated me like a leaper, but that was fine by me. Meeting a Drifter rider in the Shenandoah National Park, Sky Line Drive who was from Toronto, like 4 hours south of me here in North Bay.....who would have thought it. Got to met a bunch of Drifter riders and some who I have known a long time but only on the forum, and then my fellow Canadian Drifter riders from Windsor and Arnprior....lol....what a fun ride it has been. So to move forward.
I now have packing and unpacking my bike to an art, but I do like the little trailer I saw behind a members bike, time to check into one of them puppies. Also time to start to plan next summer's trips and ideas over the winter, I have a fall ride planned and want to do P.E.I. yet before I am to old to ride so plans are in the works now......
So to any and all who made my ride a fun one thanks and for those of you who were there fantastic and Ron and Heidi, much thanks to both of you for all your work......

CDNRatMan

some more picture taken by Kim

49Reo

Cool trailer. Wonder of he made that?

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Troll

Made it home Sunday night at 21:00....847 miles in one day from Clinton, TN to LaCrosse, WI....I always said this was a 1,000 mile a day bike...Didn't quite make the 100,000 mile mark, though...next week! Came across this in a rest area in Illinois....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

CDNRatMan

Oh forgot to mention that the Landmark was also home to a mess of people who were in the area doing work thing like working on the motel, working in the local area, the first night, Sunday a bunch were already there and the power went out and the motel was emptid for these folks to go and do something or other........but that truck did have lots of wood chips for gardens.

DC

So who brought their bike in the Asplundh truck?   :o

. . . . . and how did you get it in there with the truck being so high up?   :o

CDNRatMan

Thanks Troll......

"L" stop walking the killer hound.....

Ok so Drift - In 2015 is over and done and in the books. I would like to make a few comments while things are fresh in my mind and I am able to remember it.
Anyone following along this thread knows what has happened and who is who and since this started I have met some super people. Please forgive me if I do not mention you or forgot you but I will try not to.......
aralph in Windsor, and we will go to the Biker Reunion next summer....the GreenBarns, not enough can be said about how they treated me and welcomed me into their home. I will not go farther then saying that Dawn was a hoot at all the gatherings and she just brought the sun shining even with stories about the family GB was trying to hide. The staff at the Landmark in were awesome and really did credit to the place. I personally owe a huge debt to Tom for the welding job on my broken luggage rack, the Kawasaki shop in Pikeville is outstanding and a super place to deal with, they opened special a couple times when needed and took such good care of us.
To see the Guru Troll working on other people's bikes to help them out. PC, Pastor Dude, I met a person at Drift In and he spent a lot of time with me, oh yes he is also a Pastor.....not sure if the good did wear off.
Mostly I think that Dancing Bear and his fantastic wife Dimples did such a fantastic job, they humped their bbuns for this and the work involved was a lot.
It was mentioned a number of times that the VDOG people from both this forum and the Delphi are not bikers, bike riders, or members of a forum, but we are family.
Ok I have a few more pictures to post and after the Tail of the Dragon ride and the Moonshiner ride today I'll get them up to prove that Troll did do the ride.....lol

Troll

Because, as we all know, if there are no pictures, it didn't happen......

DriftinGirl

GREAT PICS!! In 2016 I shall not break my leg.

CDNRatMan

Went to  senic overlook and snapped a few shots.....
the big black curved building is the Landmark inn

That couple is BabyFace aka Stephen and not sure and the fantastic couple GreenBarns......

oh her name is Tiffany......she was mean to me.......and I can say that now she is not here to hit......and is back in IN. gave her Pastor Dudes address so she can go and pick on him......

I will say that this week was fun and the people were super.

more to follow.

aralph

Quote from: CDNRatMan on July 22, 2015, 23:03:52 PM

;)  got me a bike cover,

Quote from: Troll on July 24, 2015, 06:09:32 AM

There was a pair of mesh armored gloves there all week, and I managed to get them (and a few other goodies)

Quote from: CDNRatMan on July 23, 2015, 23:39:22 PM

of the 3 bikes in the 800 competition a really good looking Sunbeam Red too the first place award.

Good job RatMan, you represented Canada well.
Sounds like you have more to bring back with you then you took down.
Careful with those custom officers with all that loot. Don't wear those Minion
goggles crossing over, they will know somethings up.

aralph

Troll

The banquet last night, followed by a silent auction....I did good. There was a pair of mesh armored gloves there all week, and I managed to get them (and a few other goodies I didn't expect)! Dinner was buffet style, and the catfish was REALLY GOOD!!!!!

CDNRatMan

Today was the bike show and some small rides were planned and people went out and had a grand time, it was also the night of the annual banquet and time to chose next years location for Drift In 2016, and I'll give the people in charge the chance to announce the location. Tom Erwin too k the best bike competition in the 1500 group, and of the 3 bikes in the 800 competition a really good looking Sunbeam Red too the first place award. Made the long day rides well worth it. Troll seemed to do really well with the draws at the end of the evening.
There was about 40 different bikes here over the course of the week, some for a day others for a e days and some all week long.
Tomorrow is another free ride day and people are getting ready to head for home. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk