My bikes older brother

Started by Troll, March 10, 2015, 16:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

John Hopkins

Wow I just realised I put an extra 0 on that price..

No wonder it seemed a lot, it might seem like nothing to some people but in the right place it can be a vast amount.

John.

John Hopkins

Quote from: Troll on March 10, 2015, 18:01:15 PM

Thank you John...$37,000? Seems a bit high, even for a Drifter...

Not for over here it isn't, I would buy it like a shot and ride it home from 300 miles away but he hasn't answered my messages.

John.

greenbarn

Quote from: gdrudd13 on March 10, 2015, 22:19:32 PM

Maybe I'm just weird, but I think those Slingshots look pretty cool (other than the back end, they're hideous from that angle), and look like so much fun to "ride". Quotations because they're technically a motorcycle according to the law, but we all know not really. If I had a lot of disposable income or if I was looking for a fun summer vehicle, I'd be tempted. Completely impractical, but they look fun. You should start another thread with more pictures if you have more. I'm not sure of any dealer around where I'm at that has one.

Here's a couple from last Dec.

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=35662.0

What, do they only come in red?

No Worries

gdrudd13

Maybe I'm just weird, but I think those Slingshots look pretty cool (other than the back end, they're hideous from that angle), and look like so much fun to "ride". Quotations because they're technically a motorcycle according to the law, but we all know not really. If I had a lot of disposable income or if I was looking for a fun summer vehicle, I'd be tempted. Completely impractical, but they look fun. You should start another thread with more pictures if you have more. I'm not sure of any dealer around where I'm at that has one.

2000 Drifter 800

CDNRatMan

Although a fan of the blackout version, his is a tad too much, and I do like the two tone look, and yours does look really good, by far the best red and white I have seen yet.......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

Thank you John...$37,000? Seems a bit high, even for a Drifter...

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

John Hopkins

I like both of them, but I like yours best..

Someone on another site offered a 2002 for sale a couple of weeks ago for £25,000, about $37,000 and although I offered cash by email and PM I haven't had a reply, I'm beginning to think it was just a wind up. I can't call round to check because he is 300 miles away.

John.

Troll

Rod's Ride-on Power Sports, our local (and excellent) Kawasaki dealer just took on a new line. They now have Suzuki, Kawasaki, EBR, Victory and they just added the Polaris Slingshot. I went down to see one of these critters in person. I have pictures....but the thread here is Drifter Sightings, so: As I was getting ready to leave and enjoy some more "Spring" weather, and older (not as old as me, but older) guy walks in and goes to the parts counter...no big deal until I go outside. There, next to my Drifter is a black R model...turns out it belongs to the old guy. I gave him a VDR card...now I only have 8 left. He had bought the bike  with only 5000 miles on it from the original owner. He put some miles on it last year, and now it has 15000. We got to talking...about you can guess, and he wanted to know all about everything. His name is Steve, and he lives in the area. We started looking at the bikes, and found that his was made probably on the same day, or at least the same week as mine...July of 2000...ok, but his vin is 0048...mine is 0099! These two bikes probably shared the same shipping container 15 years ago!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk