What is your favorite BEER!

Started by chief, January 06, 2011, 19:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby

Older thread yes! Also rather important! lol Like some here, I drank way too much in my 20's and early 30's. Don't usually keep beer at the house except in the summer. Much prefer draft with friends at a favorite bar. Top pick; Blue Moon. Not crazy about IPA's but do like Sierra Nevada. For something light; Corona or Dos XX. Still enjoy Coors Banquet occasionally.

Zoar

Quote from: BlackBlueMagoo on July 03, 2017, 16:42:06 PM

Miller Lite/Miller Genuine Draft/Miller High Life. Needless to say..I like Miller...

I like Tea.

I am drinking a Tea now!

Here's to your health!

BlackBlueMagoo

Miller Lite/Miller Genuine Draft/Miller High Life. Needless to say..I like Miller...

DC

Quote from: Mr. P on November 22, 2016, 06:49:09 AM

Damn Zoar, I was just in Binghamton last month for training.  I did drink a share of Yeulings went I was there.  One at a time of course!  P.

Yuengling Brewery is in my neck of the woods. The brewery tour is a must do thing here.  So much history in that place, starting before Prohibition.

www.yuengling.com

pcarrell

Quote from: Zoar on November 22, 2016, 14:03:39 PM

Shoes!

Shoes, shoes, and more shoes!  The industry died 45 years ago and no one had enough brains or forethought to replace it! Bad governance. Bad leadership. They tried to bring in the PRISON INDUSTRY.... Wow, truly a dumb and economically horrendous idea.

Corning is in Corning NY and they are still there. In fact, Corning NY would be a cesspool just like Binghamton were it NOT for Corning. That is about all Corning has. Another example of NO diversification. If Corning Inc moves Corning NY will be just like Binghamton. An economic, cultural and social failure.

Meanwhile other places less than an hour away THRIVE.

The reasons are not mysterious.

Diversity and sensible investment in sustainable, growth potential businesses which attract smart people, and attracting diverse cultures and interests, funding the arts and cultural diversity.

One thing to avoid: BOOM and BUST industries.

Now see.....There you go with all of that "thinking" craziness again!  When are you going to learn? ;)

Zoar

Shoes!

Shoes, shoes, and more shoes!  The industry died 45 years ago and no one had enough brains or forethought to replace it! Bad governance. Bad leadership. They tried to bring in the PRISON INDUSTRY.... Wow, truly a dumb and economically horrendous idea.

Corning is in Corning NY and they are still there. In fact, Corning NY would be a cesspool just like Binghamton were it NOT for Corning. That is about all Corning has. Another example of NO diversification. If Corning Inc moves Corning NY will be just like Binghamton. An economic, cultural and social failure.

Meanwhile other places less than an hour away THRIVE.

The reasons are not mysterious.

Diversity and sensible investment in sustainable, growth potential businesses which attract smart people, and attracting diverse cultures and interests, funding the arts and cultural diversity.

One thing to avoid: BOOM and BUST industries.

DC

I forget.  What was the big industry in Binghamton before; IBM, Corning, or some such companies?

Zoar

Quote from: Mr. P on November 22, 2016, 06:49:09 AM

Damn Zoar, I was just in Binghamton last month for training.  I did drink a share of Yeulings went I was there.  One at a time of course!  P.

My condolences.

Binghamton was just in the news... Again. The crappiest economic recovery and poorest economy and one of the worst places to live in NY state! I live in Ithaca and this area is BOOMING economically and rated as one of the best places to live in the USA!

And not even an hour away from each other!

Amazing what a few miles and bad, stupid, myopic, ignorant and arrogant politics... or GOOD, smart, astute, far-reaching politics will get ya.

Mr. P

Zoar

Quote from: Mr. P on November 21, 2016, 10:01:05 AM

Used to drink much more than I did.  But I started getting migraines from drinking and could not function the next day.  I still do try to live "for the old P" but it is like playing Russian Roulette; I may get a migraine and I may not.  Now I just limit myself to a beer or two and drink lots of coffee.  Coffee makes the world go round!

And here I thought all this time it was Tea! 

Mr. P

Used to drink much more than I did.  But I started getting migraines from drinking and could not function the next day.  I still do try to live "for the old P" but it is like playing Russian Roulette; I may get a migraine and I may not.  Now I just limit myself to a beer or two and drink lots of coffee.  Coffee makes the world go round!

RockinRollin

Wow, I'm talking to a scotch connoisseur. Here I thought I was enlightened but obviously if you have your own cask for aging that's a whole different level. You buy scotch then put it in the cask and age it some more? Where did you get this cask?

I know what you mean by a peaty scotch, I have tried a few like that. I will see if  Laphroaig is available in Canada (and in my price range). Scotch for me isn't something I drink in large quantities. It's just for sipping on occasion. A bottle will last me for some time. A scotch tour will be on the top of my agenda when we go in a few years.

chief

Quote from: RockinRonny on November 01, 2016, 09:40:06 AM

What about scotch, any scotch drinkers? My favorites are 18 year old Glenmorangie  Single Malt which I don't buy very often due to the price up here in Canada (only at the duty free store) next 18 year old Glenfiddich  Single Malt , Johnnie Walker Black Label and 10 year old Glenmorangie which is about 1/4 the price of 18 yr Glenmorangie here in Canada.

Oh, yeah!  Lived in Scotland, went back for a visit in 15 - did a Scotch "tour". Personally, I like - as a treat - a peaty Scotch... one of the few left is Laphroaig. I drink nothing younger than 18 yo. I have a small cask which ages whisky quickly... its about 50 years old now.

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

RockinRollin

What about scotch, any scotch drinkers? My favorites are 18 year old Glenmorangie  Single Malt which I don't buy very often due to the price up here in Canada (only at the duty free store) next 18 year old Glenfiddich  Single Malt , Johnnie Walker Black Label and 10 year old Glenmorangie which is about 1/4 the price of 18 yr Glenmorangie here in Canada.

Zoar

Quote from: outlaw on October 09, 2016, 15:07:19 PM

I don't drink beer, i only  ;) drink Tea

I hear you on this. There are many beverages other than beer or alcohol.

CDNRatMan

Red Rose only in Canada......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

outlaw

I don't drink beer, i only  ;) drink Tea

CDNRatMan

it is exported from QC

The best beer is made by MUG........MUG root beer that is.......................

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

pcarrell

Quote from: cja on October 09, 2016, 06:09:45 AM

Nothing but the best MOLSON EXPORT MANS BEER

Just an observation, but is it really an export if you live in Canada? ;)

cja

Nothing but the best MOLSON EXPORT MANS BEER

Zoar

My Favorite beer is Ginger Beer! The stuff with pieces of ginger floating in it is usually the good stuff. Many micro-facilities doing excellent Ginger Beer these days.

Indian_fan

When I was in NY, I really liked Yuengling. Very good, but I think the farthest east they go on distribution is maybe eastern Ohio.
I'm a sporadic drinker, and generally settle for Blue Moon, but like trying different ones if something catches my eye. The one attached made me smirk, so I bought a six pack. I can't say it's all that good, though, as I generally like the more full-bodied or darker beers. Not a fan of Guinness though.

Gooseberrie

Heineken Old Brown. I am curious if this is globally available since Heineken would rival their own fake export product. They can not change taste on "oud bruin" since it isn't either bitter or sour. People who do not drink beer on a regular basis buy this.

greenbarn

That Fat Tire is good stuff.   Used to only be able to get it out west --  whenever my co-worker or boss went out there, I'd have them pack-mule me back a six or so.  now it's available locally.   Their other brews are pretty good too.

No Worries

RockinRollin

My new favorite is a craft beer from Port Perry Ontario from the old Flame Brewery in a little brown jug.
You can have the Blond I'll take the Brunet any day! The Red's not bad either.
My old favorite is New Belgium's Fat Tire beer from the Southern States which you can't get in Canada unfortunately, I've tried. I wish I had a Fat Tire (not necessarily for my bike). :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk