A Drifter Has Moved to Fort Worth

Started by cactuskid, July 19, 2017, 11:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Welcome Cactus, and nice looking bike.  Those emblems do indeed appear to be Zambini - they are not available any more.  When Polaris bought the Indian rights, they put a stop to Zambini's production of "Indian-like" emblems.

Nice looking bikes with some custom touches - it should look good with the Nomad seat. 

No Worries

cactuskid

The previous owner put the emblems on the tank. I had never seen any like them
before and am not sure who manufactured them. He did mention that they were somewhat
expensive but he had previously owned an Indian and wanted this look.

cactuskid

I removed a Corbin double seat and am working on the Nomad seat conversion to a solo seat.
I have the seat at a local shop that specializes in vintage motorcycle seats getting it recovered and also
having leather fringe added. I will post some more pics when I get it back.

mittico68

I like those gas tank emblems. Are they Zambini's?

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

I like those Kawasaki green hi lites very unique. What seat are you going to run.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

cactuskid

Here is take #3 on the pics.
I have adjusted the resolution down on the camera so we will see what happens this time.

cactuskid

Well I got an error about the file size of my photos being too large.
I will try to just send one and see what happens.... sorry.

cactuskid

As requested here are some photos of the Fort Worth Drifter that I just purchased.  As you can see the bike has Indian Heads on both sides of the tank , and a fake Indian Head Light on the front fender.  Another accent is the custom pin stripes supposedly applied at Dayton Bike Week.  On the engine side  I like the fuel injection and low end power, probably helped some by the V & H Longshot exhaust. It also has green lights on each side of the engine. I am not sure if I have a coolant leak or just overfilled the reserve tank. I have a lot to learn about this bike but am thrilled to have it.

I have removed the seat so it is beginning it's transformation but it will be a slow process.

cactuskid

Thank You for the replies !!
I will post some pics of the bike in the next couple of days.

zig

Welcome! I'm over here east of Dallas, between Tyler and Sulphur Springs!  I know there's another Drifter in the DFW area and I've seen another one out here in east Texas

CDNRatMan

Welcome, there is a few other Lone Star State people reside around here on a part time basis......lol......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

mittico68

Welcome aboard!
And enjoy this Forum, such as your new to you Drifter!
BTW, just for your information, WE DO LIKE PICS!!! ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

cactuskid

I recently purchased a 2002 Drifter 1500 from an individual in the DFW Metro-plex and it now resides in Fort Worth, TX.
I just joined this group to help me get familiar with the bike and connect with other Drifter owners as well. My Drifter has 23 K miles and has spent some time in Florida before the previous owner brought it to Texas. It presently has a two up seat and I am wanting to give it the single seat look and add some saddle bags as well. I am glad to be a part of VDR and look forward to spending time on the site and the ownership of my Drifter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk