Drift-In 2013

Started by chief, October 24, 2012, 16:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troll

Not a whole lot of anything there...Hopefully all the "TBA"s will be

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Pilgrim

racemom91

Is there any kind of schedule of events?  Are there events?

racemom91

Hey folks - don't freak out!

When/If you call to confirm your reservations - or to make reservations -  you need to make sure to tell them you are with the Drift -In or VDOG or McNealy Group Booking.

The reservations are there, under the group so that you get the group rate.

FYI - they do still have just a couple of rooms left and they will honor the $59/night rate!  706-878-2184

IBI-UBU

I just called the hotel to cancel my reservation...and they didn't have a reservation for me in their computer...so...sorry I have to miss it...but I sure would have been mad if I had traveled all that way just to find out I had no room...ya'll might want to check on your reservations as well....To all who are going..Have a GREAT TIME....wish I could be there...but things are just not going as planned for now...

Pilgrim

I am assuming the motel is booked...anyone know of any good campgrounds nearby that a man could pitch a tent.

DC

I just checked the map.  WOW!  I can't believe this is so close to where I lived as a kid in Murphy, NC.

josiah

Wondering what the scheduled events for the drift in are. i don't live far from helen and would like to attend some events.there are a lot of good rides in north ga mountains like ga hwy 180(the most curvy rd in ga) ga hwy 197(nice twisties along lakes rabun and burton)us hwy 129 n to blairsville(up the mountain and down the other side) all a easy ride from helen. in my opinion the excitement is not in helen but the roads and hwys around it.it is fun to tube the chattahoochee river through helen on a hot day and grab a few beers but it don't make my heart pound like thoes mt roads.

FloridaDrifter

Answering soul-searching questions.  Drifter, is there anything you can't do?  Now the only thing left to do now is...wait 2 and a half months.  Crap.  Looking forward to it big time!

DC, I'm planning on going solo, but a buddy may tag along.  He rides a Harley, but I don't hold it against him...

IBI-UBU

I just booked my room, at the discounted rate....just a little over 500 miles for me....

my husband and I went to every bike rally we could get to through the years, Sturgis 50th...Daytona 50th...and anywhere we heard of something happening we were packed and ready to go....on July 30 we would have been married 24 years(we'd been together 30) ...and I have a little voice in my ear telling me to.. pick myself up, shake myself off, and go enjoy....sounds like a good way to celebrate the lifestyle we enjoyed together... and from there.... start moving forward....

Since he passed I have been asking myself...where do I go from here...what do I do now...and when do I take that first step towards....whatever  ::)..yada..yada..yada..

I came to this forum looking for answers to questions about my motorcycle....well....those other 3 questions I've been asking myself...have also been answered...a bike rally...for Drifters...how freakin' awesome is that ;D....THANKS YA'LL...see ya's in July.... :)

DC

What's the deal for everyone?  Are you going solo, or bringing your sig other?  Not sure if I should bring the old bat my beloved along or not, if I do end up going.

FloridaDrifter

Just booked mine as well.  Told them I was with the rally and didn't even ask for the group rate, he just gave it to me.  As a Sconnie lad living in Florida, I'm hoping Troll can regale me with tales from the land of cheese.  You guys should be thawed out by July.

Troll

Ok, I just pulled the trigger on my room reservation. they are quite excited, judging by the person I talked to, about hosting this event. The discounted rate still applies, so...they have 35 rooms, and 24 are now booked!

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Troll

That's good to know. Booking a hotel 8 months in advance seemed to be a pretty risky move. Chief: do you have any idea what the itinerary for the 17th might be? I'm trying to set up my timing so I don't miss something important.

racemom91

Just made the reservations at Hofbrau Riverfront - 706-878-2184 - THEY HAVE 23 ROOMS BOOKED THUS FAR! And - they are still giving the discounted rate!

racemom91

Ok, so as we r getting closer, my "other half" has a dilema...his poor back will not take that far of a ride on his 1500 drifter....soooo we can either trailer or he can ride the Harley (which is better on his back).  Hate to trailer, as I prefer to ride and the trailer is 32'!  We do however have friends in TN about 2 hours or so from Helen, so maybe trailer to there n then ride the rest?  Thoughts? 

ChilliDrift

That would be awesome. 

racemom91

Know  exactly where that is!  Used to run a micro sprint over that way...have to keep in touch as it gets closer...I think Tom and I are the only drifters over this way.....looks like one up in Grand Rapids and a few down by Indy....would be neat if we could gather 6 or so of us up....

ChilliDrift

I live in Chillicothe. Im about 40 mi south of columbus. We could meet up around Cincinnatti.

racemom91

@DriftinGirl - Rode NE Indiana to Bozeman MT and back this past July - by myself - 1842 out as I did some sightseeing, and 1796 back home - you can do it!!!

racemom91

I'm NE corner of Indiana - literally 5 minutes from Ohio line - whereabouts in Ohio?

ChilliDrift

I'm planning on going. I'm in southern Ohio.

racemom91

Little more than 600 miles for me...days ride pretty easy, but Georgia in July???  Got a feeling gonna make 105 in the badlands seem like cake...

Anybody from up north heading down?  Indiana, Ohio, Michigan?

griz01

Would like to get there but has anyone checked this place out? Website link is dead, rated as a 1 -2 star on most sites, reviews are all very poor. A little concerned here

1999 Drifter 1500

FloridaDrifter

I'll be there.  It'll mark the one year anniv of my drifter ownership. Looking forward to it.  Coming up from Jacksonville, FL if anybody is headed that way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk