Vulcan Drifter Riders

• December 13, 2017, 12:29:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wiring conundrum  (Read 83 times)

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: Snow Blower
  • VDR#: 1038
  • View Gallery
Wiring conundrum
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:02:34 AM »

So when I bought Pearl I did notice a couple of cut wires under the tank, nothing major. The bike started well, ran super well, everything seemed to be working.
   So yesterday I took the tank off after draining it, and proceeded to look at the wiring. Well now the wiring diagram was beside me and I think I followed it correctly, but I am not a wiring person so will need to look at it again, but the green wire from the coil was cut and it should go to the ignitor, then something was wired into the rear brake light, not sure what. So later today if I can I'll remove the tank off of Red and see what she has hidden under her tank and see if I can figure this out.....any electrical people are welcome to comment....oh and pictures under here....

GPS is not to get you “THERE”……but rather to get you home from “THERE”

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
Re: Wiring conundrum
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 14:27:52 PM »

Ok problem solved. This morning I slipped the tank off of Red and took a look at her wiring. There is no green wire in the setup on her so I'll be removing the green wire from Pearl's set up..........

Tfrank59

• Plus a: Goldwing
  • Keep the rubber side down. USMC '78 to '84
  • View Gallery
    • This is most of the herd, Some got out of the corral
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:40:18 AM »

Pretty cool that you got the second motorcycle to refer to for just about any question you have.  It's like you don't need us anymore!  ???
Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »

:o  Like I said to another member in a pm, it is always good to have this forum, and some of the minds that are on here. I saw the cut wires, I looked at them and I will admit that the one off the coil looked like it was factory installed, It is really nice to look at the second bike see what is happening there and then post on here and have the people reaffirm your thoughts and ideas. This forum is one huge teaching aid and reference library. I am sure there is not a single member that can be honest and say they have never learned anything from their time here......

Tfrank59

• Plus a: Goldwing
  • Keep the rubber side down. USMC '78 to '84
  • View Gallery
    • This is most of the herd, Some got out of the corral
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »

Oh absolutely. And this is one of the more helpful forums that I'm a member of. The one for my little sports car isn't as helpful I'm afraid.
Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

The Bride

• Plus a: Harley
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 19:06:11 PM »

I remember trying to put Princess' cables back in stock position after I removed the  risers she came with.  Being able to look over at Blue sure was helpful! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!