Rain, Ugh!!

Started by Tfrank59, November 11, 2017, 11:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

Well I really enjoy watching a good hockey game and relaxing while tweaking or tinkering on the bikes.....I can also look out a the snow storm and think how nice it is inside and continue to do my work on the bike in a nice and warm area....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Tfrank59

Bike in the living room  ;D. No the wife won't put up with that, but I do have my half of the garage which is dedicated to motorcycles. My car and truck both have to endure the winter weather and summer heat, and my bikes get the shelter as do I when I work on them.

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

CDNRatMan

Well because we are snowed in from Nov till April for the most part, bike comes inside the living room, I do an oil change prior to bringing them inside as I like to have fresh oil in the engine during the down time. Remove the fuel tank and they go into the laundry room empty and the caps open. About Mar I hook up to the battery tender and get the battery up to snuff........and ready to ride

And in close I would like to Thank all you American Vets
All my fellow Canadian Vets and British Vets....and all Vets who fought for their country.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Tfrank59

Well we got this La NiƱa thing going here in the Pacific NW, so rain, cold and snow are coming at us almost every day.  Drag.  Still, I like to try and ride my bike at least one day a week, but truth be told I ride my big bike cuz the Drifter just doesn't have the protection from the elements I need to stay alive in this weather.  So I'm going to winterize my Drifter this year--even hook up the trickle charger--and do some other things as well.  I plan on keeping the tank full of non-ethanol gas for one thing, and I've already completely cleaned up the bike for another.  What else do you guys recommend?  For us here in W. Washington it's not like we're snowed in or anything, it's just mostly several days of rain, then there'll be a break where a guy can get out there and take maybe a half hour ride just to circulate the oil, then put her away for another week or so.  This normally continues until March-April time frame.  Anyway, sorry to ramble but just figured I'd break the relative silence and throw a question out there.  And for you US Vets--thank you for your service!

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk