New Project

Started by CDNRatMan, September 07, 2017, 13:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

You know your are correct Jerry I am amazed that KW does not spend more time on his bike..........

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

--Jerry S--

Its about time you did something to this beautiful bike!

CDNRatMan

Parts were taken to the welding shop this morning, told them no rush as they are not charging me an arm and leg.....

CDNRatMan

LOL kw I got my idea from a picture of a 800 where the owner cut the back part of the seat out and then he just made a wooden plate for there. I saw this seat and frame on a site for sale and bought it with my trusty pal GreenBarn who it was shipped to from TX and then he brought it up for me at Rendezvous. It was missing the stock nuts and bolts for it and they arrived while I was away on my trip so have them, talked to the powder coating shop, and they also have a really awesome welder working there, and he just happens to own the place, and he is always up for some custom and off the wall jobs. He is also aware that I want a $300.00 an hour job but want to pay $30.00 for the work....lol....so over the weekend I'll remove my 2 up, install this one and then take over on Monday and he will see what I want and then "we" will start the cutting and fabricating the plate and then he will let me do any thing needs doing to install the travel trunk and then it will be powder coated........

I will try and take pictures as we progress.....

kw-retrorider

Ratman: I am thinking about the same thing you are.....inspired by this 1500 photo

CDNRatMan

Thank you gentleman....also posted on here with lots of pictures, so I can now say I hosted 2 Drifter Rendezvous's.....lol

OR Seedman

I hope you enjoyed your trip....we are all glad you arrived home safely...enjoyed all the pics on facebook....looks like it was a good time..even with the occasional rainstorm.... :D

OR Seedman

Old Drifter

Glad you made it home safe brother. Nice trip!

Gene

1999 Drifter

CDNRatMan

So I am home safe in front of my fire place and my desk, and so Monday I am starting me new project, of a solo seat for my Drifter. I am going to use the parts pictures below and we shall see what happens.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk