After a 15 year search...I have arrived.

Started by Rougarou, August 07, 2017, 19:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rougarou

I have arrived, and now *it* has arrived.  They delivered it literally in between tropical storm bands this week.  BTW HaulBikes was great.  OK communication (other than the truck driver, his was great), good prices. It took a little longer to get it than I'd like but that's the price I pay for placing a shipping ticket the week before Sturgis.

Q: What do you do when all your friends own Harleys?
A: You ride something classier than a Harley.

Rougarou

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.  Greenbarn: My stepmother is already clamoring for that "father & son" pic.  ;D

Old Drifter

Congrats and welcome to the family! You've found a beauty...now go enjoy it. Ride safe! Can't wait to see pics of you, dad and both drifters.  8)

Gene

1999 Drifter

greenbarn

That's a beauty, Rougarou.

When your dad gets his, you need to take pics of the 2 of you with both bike -- we want to see that!

No Worries

mittico68

Really nice & neat!
And it's got foldable rear footpegs, too! really hard to find (but I've got them...) ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

Rougarou

Thanks Ratman.  The 2002 ebony/oxblood has always been my favorite, followed up with the red that you have there.

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Rougarou

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to report that I have officially crossed off a fifteen year old bucket list entry. I now own a Drifter.  But quoth the great and noble Billy Mays..

"But wait! There's more!"

More? What could be better than owning your dream motorcycle?  Only this:

My father left his pound of flesh on a roadway in the early eighties and never really got back into the saddle.  You couldn't say the word "motorcycle" in my house without hearing about my mother gripe about having to vaseline the sheets so he wouldn't stick to them.  Within one hour of recieving pics of "his new daughter-in-law" he asked me to find him one.  An hour later, he found his own.  Less than 24 hours after that, he purchased and had shipped a matching Drifter, albeit fully dressed.

Funny thing is..he never really cared for Drifters until he saw how stunningly beautiful they can be.  VDR, this bike is so beautiful it erased almost forty years of fear in less time than it takes to change a tire.

I am damned proud to be here after drooling on these fenders for so long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk