Vulcan Drifter Riders

• August 18, 2017, 07:37:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ride for Dad 2017  (Read 153 times)

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: Snow Blower
  • VDR#: 1038
  • View Gallery
Ride for Dad 2017
« on: June 18, 2017, 19:25:46 PM »

So Sat was the 10th Annual Ride for Dad in support  of research and cure of prostate cancer. This year due to a not so good weather forecast the turnout was not so good, we had 400 riders show up and for here that is still a decent number of riders. This year the ride was a tad over 180kms (111 miles) Never got rained on hard and it was a warm rain so not a big deal. There was only 2 really nice bikes to show up for the event and those are in picture number 1. The only other machine that showed up that was of any note was a Polaris Indian Trike.
   The best part to note here is that the rider of said trike is from Redbridge about 30 mins up the highway and in his garage is a 2003 Kawasaki Drifter 800. So being a nice guy I did extend an invitation to him to Attend Rendezvous in July.
   The rest of the field of motorcycles your normal variety of pretty stock bikes the odd BMW, tons of H-D's that looked and sounded the same.
   I made reference to a person riding with us for the first time that some of these people I only talk to them during rides and only see them in the summer time, yet there is a bonding friendship from attending these events. 
   So my group had the luck to see a young bull Moose with a very nice set of antlers in full velvet, and then near the end of the day, I saw something in the ditch as I was passing it and had a HUGE black bear come up and across the highway between myself and the second rider in our group, who forgot his fatigue of his first group ride like this.....lol......
   I also won in the silent auction a $250 gift certificate for powder coating......lol.......

GPS is not to get you “THERE”……but rather to get you home from “THERE”

Troll

• Motorcycle Rider ED. Coach
  • Sr. Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • Plus a: Kawasaki W-650
  • VDR#: 825
  • View Gallery
    • A.B.A.T.E. of Wi. SafeRider program
Re: Ride for Dad 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 20:00:04 PM »

That red and white thing is pretty hideous
Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

greenbarn

• Sr. Staff
  • Plus a: Drifter 1500
  • VDR#: 1023
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 21:37:51 PM »

I just can't get used to their fairings.
No Worries

CDNRatMan

• Sr. Staff
  • Plus a: Snow Blower
  • VDR#: 1038
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »

;) Would you say looks more futuristic like mmmmmm.....say a Victory rather than old school like and Indian should.....
GPS is not to get you “THERE”……but rather to get you home from “THERE”

DC

• Staff
  • I ride a : Drifter 1500
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 22:32:02 PM »

Looks . . . . . . .odd.   ???    :o

greenbarn

• Sr. Staff
  • Plus a: Drifter 1500
  • VDR#: 1023
  • VDR#1023
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 21:34:19 PM »

Yea, that fairing is definitely much more "Victory-ish" than "Indian-ized"  IMO.   Not a fan, really, it seems at odds with the styling on the rest of the bike. 
No Worries
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!