Vulcan Drifter Riders

• June 23, 2017, 10:28:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rear Rack for 800/1500 solo seat  (Read 62 times)

OR_Seedman

• Rider
  • I ride a : Drifter 800
  • Plus a: ----------
  • View Gallery
Rear Rack for 800/1500 solo seat
« on: June 14, 2017, 19:09:32 PM »

Hello everyone.  I have had several inquiries again for the rear rack I was having made for the solo seat  800 and 1500.  Unfortunately, the chrome rack portion is getting harder to source at a decent price, so I have come up with a couple of options.

1.  I sell the rack mount only and the buyer supplies the chrome rack.  The rack mount would sell for $85 plus shipping.  Fits the Standard Harley Style FL Chrome racks.
2.  I am designing another mount that is a little taller (would have 4 mounting heights) and the top is laser cut with slots to look like a flat rack.  No tabs for mounting the chrome rack.  Mounting height can be increased a little to offset the loss of the chrome rack.  I am waiting on a prototype and cost, but it will be very similar in price to the regular mount....maybe $5-$10 more....but you save the cost of getting the chrome rack. 

As soon as I have the prototype, I will take some pictures and post them.  I would like to see if there is any interest in one like that before I have some made.  They would be made out of the same thickness steel and powder-coated.  There are optional colors available for powder-coating if someone is interested.

I am thinking that the new style would look similar to the factory style rear rack I have seen on some 1500 models....but much more sturdy...

OR Seedman

The grass is always greener....in Oregon (must be all the rain)

geewago

• Prospect
  • Plus a: Indian
  • View Gallery
Re: Rear Rack for 800/1500 solo seat
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 21:55:03 PM »

I would like to have a seat rail for a 800.  Apparently there's  no such thing.  I'll probably just make something myself.

Aimee.L

• Aimee.L
  • Plus a: ----------
  • VDR#: 1406
  • I ride a 2005 Drifter 800 and a 2012 Hyosung GV250
  • View Gallery
Re: Rear Rack for 800/1500 solo seat
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 18:48:36 PM »

I look forward to the pictures. I'm currently looking for more storage options.
Keep the shiny side up :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!