Vulcan Drifter Riders

• October 23, 2017, 13:52:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 12:33:03 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
2018 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900: MD First Ride (Bike Reports) (News)

Intention makes the hooligan. We recently reviewed Aprilia’s Shiver 900, a bike that shares its frame, engine, electronics, brakes and wheels with this motorcycle. But a simple change of intention via longer travel suspension, wider bars, flatter enduro-style seat, and other assorted tweaks, and you get a machine that has a very different character. Some […]
Source: 2018 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900: MD First Ride (Bike Reports) (News)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: Today at 08:58:29 
Started by kw-retrorider - Last post by Tfrank59
My bike doesn't have stock exhaust, I didn't mention that, but the previous owner put on aftermarket pipes, so I may have more space for a wrench or socket than stock exhaust. Originally my exhaust had nuts that required a special Allen wrench but I changed them to flanged hex nuts.

on: Today at 04:31:44 
Started by kw-retrorider - Last post by kw-retrorider
Pete - agree with all. As I said, my bad on routine maintenance. I didn't put Loctite on the first time and look how long it went. Now if I just check them regularly, I think I'll prevent this from happening again....but just thought I'd ask the question because of the number of knowledgeable people on this forum. So, no surprise on the Loctite answer.

I do remember these allen nuts not being easy to get to. Can't remember if I cut a wrench into a special tool....in any case, I think I will look into regular nuts or acorns now that I have to do something. Seems like regular tools and a torque wrench would be easier to use that way. Check for clean and square good too.

on: Today at 02:25:08 
Started by kw-retrorider - Last post by Pete
Personally I wouldn't use any kind of thread locking compound such as Loctite. The penalty for getting it wrong is sheared studs which is a big, royal, pain in the bum. Torquing them up to the factory spec. and then checking once a month is only a little effort.

It might be worth your while to check that your installation is clean and square before putting new nuts on.

on: October 22, 2017, 21:48:26 PM 
Started by The Bride - Last post by CDNRatMan
  When I click on it, it comes out right, he is standing on his feet.

I am planning on a long and cold winter, I saw the caterpillar's coat last week and am getting ready. Red needs very little because she has always been babied along, now Pearl has some really I think nice mods coming, and some nice new additions to her.....she will be a work in progress and no rush to get her on the road, but I do not want to take Greenbarn's record of having a bike on the lift for something close to 2 years..........he will claim, wife, work, yard work, job, wife, kids, wife, sore back, waiting parts, some other excuses I can not remember....lol.....

on: October 22, 2017, 20:37:57 PM 
Started by kw-retrorider - Last post by Tfrank59
oh yeah, course you won't be able to do the shrink wrap thing with acorn nuts ;D  I just have hex flanged nuts on mine.

on: October 22, 2017, 20:31:31 PM 
Jerez WSB Results (Both Race 1 and Race 2) (News) (Race Results)

Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki), having already secured this year’s WSB title, took another double win at Jerez this weekend. In the process, Kawasaki has secured the Manufacturer’s championship for 2017, as well. In Race 1, Marco Melandri (Ducati) was leading with four laps remaining when he retired with a mechanical issue. Rea inherited the lead and […]
Source: Jerez WSB Results (Both Race 1 and Race 2) (News) (Race Results)

Pata Yamaha Battle Hard for the Podium in Jerez Race 1 (Industry Press Releases)

Race The Pata Yamaha Official WorldSBK Team highlighted their recent progress, following on from their double rostrum in Magny-Cours, as both riders were once again in the podium mix during a restarted Race 1 on Saturday at Jerez, the penultimate round of the FIM 2017 Superbike World Championship. Alex Lowes started from the front row […]
Source: Pata Yamaha Battle Hard for the Podium in Jerez Race 1 (Industry Press Releases)

Jerez WorldSBK Day 2 – Rea secures first ever Jerez win (Industry Press Releases)

Race 1 at Jerez was won by the World Champion after a late technical issue for provisional leader Melandri, with Davies and Sykes also on the podium Saturday’s racing at the Pirelli Spanish Round saw Jonathan Rea (Kawasaki Racing Team) register his first victory as the recently crowned 2017 MOTUL FIM Superbike World Champion, taking […]
Source: Jerez WorldSBK Day 2 – Rea secures first ever Jerez win (Industry Press Releases)

Camier closed 12th in Race 1 at Jerez, after leading the Tissot-Superpole 1 (Industry Press Releases)

The foggy weather condition on the Jerez circuit, Spain, forced the race direction to delay and shorten the WorldSBK and WorldSSP morning sessions. At the end of the day, Leon Camier finished with the 12th place in WorldSBK Race 1, while PJ Jacobsen missed out the top3 in WorldSSP qualifying, ending up with the 4th […]
Source: Camier closed 12th in Race 1 at Jerez, after leading the Tissot-Superpole 1 (Industry Press Releases)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!