2014 Drift-In

Started by chief, July 29, 2013, 15:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

No Worries

49Reo

Nice to see that old iron living on...

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Troll

When we were at the Wheels through time museum, I was trying to describe one of the few types of motorcycles that weren't there. These are called either tricars or foretrucks. I have a picture of the last Harley foretruck built, which is now residing at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, Ia., as well as a Wells Fargo tricar which is also there...so now you know what I was talking about....

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

kw-retrorider

And here's a link to Teri Conrad's photos of Drift-In 2014:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rokeditor/sets/72157646624386226

Greenbarn.....did you ever send Ratman your special present from Maggie Valley?

Troll

Here's a few short videos from Wednesday's unauthorized trip to the Dragon....You might recognize some of the people.....
https://picasaweb.google.com/109550952480484427597/SomeDragonVideo2014

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

kw-retrorider

I was....black 2002 800

BamaBikerMom

Quote from: kw-retrorider on August 20, 2014, 05:10:27 AM

Stackie - Thanks...just learning the ropes here on my first time thru Drift-in.

not a problem.... were you in MV?  This was my second Drift-In and it was better than the first one I attended (last year)... I hope they just keep getting better and better.... soooo many great places to ride and tooo little time...lol

kw-retrorider

Speaking of Teri....some shots of her and her really clean Gooseberry 1500....styling with pig tails....:)

kw-retrorider

Stackie - Thanks...just learning the ropes here on my first time thru Drift-in.

BamaBikerMom

Quote from: kw-retrorider on August 19, 2014, 19:50:22 PM

Troll: So 800s are represented.....1,389 miles over 5 days averaging 50.9 mpg overall...and ditto on the food! If you get a chance, send me a pm so I can get that photo you took of me with my bike...if it came out.

Anyone get a link from Terry from ROK?....Looked on facebook and didn't see many photos of the Drift-in 2014....???

Patience---- she will get them up as soon as she can.... there were LOTS and LOTs of pictures taken  :o 8)

As of 5 hours ago Teri's status--- "Check out the post I just made to the ‪#‎RiderofKawasaki‬ Facebook page. Still editing photos but they'll be up soon!"

kw-retrorider

Troll: So 800s are represented.....1,389 miles over 5 days averaging 50.9 mpg overall...and ditto on the food! If you get a chance, send me a pm so I can get that photo you took of me with my bike...if it came out.

Anyone get a link from Terry from ROK?....Looked on facebook and didn't see many photos of the Drift-in 2014....???

DC

We ate waaaaaaaaaay too much!!!!!  Our weakness was finding all those Mexican restaurants in Maggie Valley and Waynesville.  YUM!

Pilgrim

Quote from: Troll on August 19, 2014, 09:55:04 AM

I managed to gain 5 lbs....too much good country cookin', and sweet potato fries.....

Troll...you and me both. I'm on a diet this week.  ::)

49Reo

...as long as you had fun...

02 Drifter 1500, 02 Softail Frankenstein Trike.."Beauty" and "The Beast"

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, Ya can better serve your country, by living somewhere else."  In memory, Stompin' Tom Connors
RIP

Troll

Ok, the numbers are in for my trip...I guess I could have had more fun, I still have money....ANYWAY....2,677 miles, Monday to Monday....and 46.3 mpg over all, with a couple of tanks at about 52....and in spite of what some others have alluded to, I managed to gain 5 lbs....too much good country cookin', and sweet potato fries.....

Pilgrim

GB, Troll, KW, DC...good to hear. I don't think anyone had any major issues from their Drifters all week. Didn't see anyone working on theirs except when Troll did some troubleshooting and found a wire going to Chiefs fan that had grounded out and blew a fuse. Minor repair.  ;D
I plan on riding back to Maggie Labor Day weekend with some friends...only 3 hrs from my house...anyone want to join us?

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Troll

Arrived home at 3:30 Monday afternoon...2,677 miles! I really should have bought a Drifter YEARS ago....AND....right at the Janesville WI exit of 1-90....

kw-retrorider

DC - No worries
GB - Good thought...will give them a look.

DC

Quote from: kw-retrorider on August 18, 2014, 04:07:59 AM

DC - Recognized your bike once home and on-line again. I make it a habit not to be connected during my free time adventures. I thought GB mentioned looking for you when we first got there....so same for me....sorry for not connecting, but agree with all your comments. Nice after hours shots....like the parked bikes in a row.

Same here.  I wasn't connected.  Didn't really have any time to check message boards or emails.  The wife I took with me wanted to keep checking out stores most of the time in the surrounding towns.

Well, maybe at the next Drift-in, if I can make it.

greenbarn

Marc, like we discussed, another option for those covers is a lug nut cover for semi wheels - that is IF you want something more "blingy" than the black rubber.  There are lots of variations - either the plain-jane-ordinary type or there are several options available.  Google "semi chrome lug  covers" or something, and you can see quite a few.  If I remember, the measurements on the bike are about 1 1/4", but that needs verified.

No Worries

kw-retrorider

DC - Recognized your bike once home and on-line again. I make it a habit not to be connected during my free time adventures. I thought GB mentioned looking for you when we first got there....so same for me....sorry for not connecting, but agree with all your comments. Nice after hours shots....like the parked bikes in a row.
GB - Your obligatory fender shot....nice!
Troll - Found the rubber passenger foot peg "caps" for the 800 on-line and have already ordered same from www.kawasakipartshouse.com under "frame fittings." Just finding out about that missing part on my machine was worth the price of admission to the Drift-In.
Glad everyone made it home safe....ride on.

DC

Great to meet Troll, greenbarn, and Pilgrim at the Drift-in.  If I missed anyone else from the board, sorry I don't know your screen name or we didn't connect.

Here's a few shots.

greenbarn

Yep, I made it home about 17:15 EST, after leaving at 07:30 EST (the 06:30 was Troll's CST).  About 480 miles today.  After the rain through Lexington, it cleared up about halfway to Cincinnati, and it was dry (but overcast) the rest of the trip.  Glad to be home.  Hope everyone else makes it with no issues.

I haven't downloaded and sorted all my pics yet,  but here's an obligatory "FENDERS" shot....

No Worries

Troll

Greenbarn and I left at about 06:30 this morning. We had rain and nasty cool weather. I called him from a McDonalds in Indiana, he made it home about 17:00. Here's a few shots I took this morning while everyone was getting going.   It was about 60 and pretty foggy, and so was the weather!   Last picture is a shot of my odometer at about noon today. 2,000 miles since Monday morning, and I put on another 220 since I took the picture. 500 left for tomorrow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk