800 Dual Exhaust One Pipe On Each Side

Started by Zoar, August 16, 2017, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mittico68

Quote from: geewago on August 17, 2017, 13:10:14 PM

Did you make the rear highway/crash bars that you have on your bike or is there someplace a man can buy them?

As Ol' Drifter posted, they're Ted Design's.
I bought them a couple of years ago and I'm really happy, 'cause they're really well made.
They were originally for the 2up seat, but I wanted them together with the solo seat, so I just flipped them upside down and then added a junction bar at their lower end... As someone already said, it's just italian ingenuity... ;)

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Contact GreenBarn he has a set of them and think he is selling them worth the ask

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Old Drifter

Quote from: geewago on August 17, 2017, 13:10:14 PM

Did you make the rear highway/crash bars that you have on your bike or is there someplace a man can buy them?

I believe they are the one that were made and sold by Ted's Designs. Sad to say, he retired and is no longer making them.
Gene

1999 Drifter

geewago

Quote from: mittico68 on August 17, 2017, 03:33:35 AM

Gene, maybe you might go with a custom made exhaust.
Like this one I've gone for ma-deuce.

mittico68

Gene, maybe you might go with a custom made exhaust.
Like this one I've gone for ma-deuce.

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

Pizza Man; how are you doing. Buddy I have not seen a set of dual pipes that go on both sides of the 800, I have seen one that is not a working model, and the left side pipes are not actual working exhaust. There is not enough room for the pipes to go under the bike unless it is really thin or narrow.
You might have to go to a different exhaust set up or manufacture your own set up.....

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

OR Seedman

is it the fishtail end that sticks up too high?  I have seen exhaust sets with one end (the upper one) shorter than the other.  this would definitely be in the way of the bags.  When I mounted mine bags with the 2 roadburner pipes on one side, I left about 1" between the bag and the upper pipe and the sit nicely, especially when I put my big butt down on the seat..but I don't have the fishtail tips...

I have seen one dual exhaust setup on a drifter 800...they snaked the front cylinder exhaust around the front of the bike and ran it down the left side...in my opinion it looked AWFUL...totally ruined the lines of the bike...but hey, that's just my humble opinion.

the only option I can see is to extended the pipes enough that the bag clears the tips on the right side.....if anyone else has any ideas, please let Zoar know....I want happy customers

OR Seedman

Zoar

Okay, so I bought hard bags for my 2002 Drifter 800 and I bought the nice attachment assembly by one of the members here... But now I have a major issue:

My dual pipes are TOO TALL.

I cannot mount the hard bags LOW on the bike. With the dual pipes and especially the fish tail ends it is impossible to mount these bags unless the stick up so high they look IDIOTIC.

I cannot look idiotic.

Ideally I would get pipes that run very LOW and straight back, one on EACH SIDE.  I have seen these types of pipes on other bikes, but never saw such a dual exhaust on each side on a Drifter 800.

Any help?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk