Gas Tank Emblems

Started by thenemos, July 30, 2016, 11:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trall

The Zambini Decals are really awesome.  They are like 3 D or actually raised emblems not stickers.  I installed my with a heat gun to form and mold to the gas tank. Then used 3M #2 Molding double sided tape.

Here is a different Zambini colored version

Trall

Quote from: moto on July 11, 2017, 11:30:49 AM

Where you buy these Indian tank decals?

This is a year old thread but they come up once in awhile on Ebay for 500 plus range.
The new Zambini version are really cool too.  Look at their site. 

moto

Quote from: bambam0099 on September 11, 2016, 18:26:04 PM

Just did my bike over the weekend :-)

Where you buy these Indian tank decals?

RockinRollin

I have a set that I bought and put on my bike a couple of years ago. They are my favorite Drifter tank badge. Hope you find some.

bambam0099

Quote from: tj on September 12, 2016, 07:28:03 AM

those tank emblems look fantastic!

Thanks.  I did have one problem with the emblems.  For whatever reason, I could not get anything to stick to the back of the emblem even though I cleaned them thoroughly (also concluded with alcohol).  The last set I put on my other bike did not have this problem.  After some trial and error, I took some Gorilla glue and smeared a very, very thin layer all over the back and let it dry.  Then, the clear Gorilla mounting tape really stuck to it.
Not sure what the difference in the emblems were this time but this "solution" worked well for me.
Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
- Ronald Reagan

tj

those tank emblems look fantastic!

mittico68

I love my swingin' bike!

Trall

bambam0099

Just did my bike over the weekend :-)

- Ronald Reagan

jmbo

The fact that Indian is aggressively protecting their logo ID was inevitable.  So for those of you who wish to "Indianize" your Drifter, take note. Polaris will seek out and shut down anyone producing unauthorized Indian logos, stickers, decals, emblems or accessories.  Buy them while you can for the end is near.

Jimb

bambam0099

There are a couple pair for sale on Ebay right now but, you better be sitting down before you look at the $$$ amounts....

- Ronald Reagan

gdrudd13

And I thought they were expensive before ($200 or something I think). Glad my bike came with them. if someone had a set not installed, it would be fairly easy to make a silicone mold and cast them out of resin.

2000 Drifter 800

pcarrell

Those are the Zambini Brother parts.  They've been discontinued since Polaris took over the Indian production by court order.  If you find any nowadays, they're going to be pricey!

thenemos

I found someone who is selling his last pair.  He wants $400...choke!

mittico68

If I'm not mistakin', those are Zambini's tank embles...
Take a look over here: http://www.zambinibrosmfa.com/

I love my swingin' bike!

thenemos

Looking for some unique Indian war bonnet tank emblems like the ones below.  Any ideas on where I can find some?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk