Sissy bar & pad

Started by BlackBlueMagoo, July 02, 2017, 12:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmbo

I made my sissy bar.  It was not a big deal.  Having the pad made too a little doing.

Jimb

OR Seedman

I have them posted in the classifieds from time to time when I have them in stock.  they sell out pretty fast on here and on ebay.  I sell them here for $110 plus shipping and on ebay for $125 (due to ebay charges of 10% on the whole sale including the shipping costs...what a racket!)

I am out of stock, but if you want a set, I will get some going tomorrow at my fabricator.  They take about 3 weeks to make.  The mount in the same spot to the frame under the seat as the OEM style.  You cannot use them with aftermarket seats like Corbin's.  You can only use them with oem seats (both solo and 2-up).  they are made from high tensile 3/16" steel with a heavy black powder coat.  they angle out from under the seat to clear the rear fender.  Picture is attached.  I have sold multiple sets on here and ebay...and so far not a single complaint  ;)

there are the standard oem loop styles available on ebay, but they are more expensive and not as sturdy in how the bags attach.

Unlike the 800 style, there is a left and a right side.  Price is for a complete set.  shipping is ups ground and based upon weight (9 lbs shipping weight).  you can mount virtually any style saddlebag to these.

OR Seedman

freebrd1230

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 1500 drifter and need to find saddlebags and mounting bracket. Could you send me some pics of what you have and how much.

Thanks

OR Seedman

No problem.  It's like looking for a needle in a haystack when trying to find sissy bar mounts for Drifters....but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.. ;)  regarding your bags...the saddlebag mounts I sell here and on fleabay for 1500 Drifters might be what you need....check the classifieds for my ad....if you need more pics, let me know.  Others here have been using them for a while now...

OR Seedman

BlackBlueMagoo

Thanks for the info OR_Seedman, I was planning on contacting them but not after what you told me. I have a sissy bar & pad,also a pair of Real Red Head Chief Gilroy Indian Saddlebags.. they all came off my 99 Gilroy Chief that was stole several years back. I'm going to see what I can do to fab up side mounting plates for the bar(since I can't get one) and figure out some way to mount the fringed oval Red Head bags on my 99/1500J. I want to put them to use..not to sell them!
Thanks again for the info. Respects.

OR Seedman

I tried them months ago for the same thing.....they no longer make them or have them in stock.  I finally gave up and fabricated my own mounts that attach at the grab rail mounting points (they look like crap, but work and are hidden by the leather fringe on the seat  ;).  Got the sissy bar for free when I purchased it off ebay (due to the description saying that all the hardware including the mounting brackets came with it....they didn't).  Anyway...I exploreded every possible source I could trying to find ANY available backrest plus mounts and came up empty....all the ones listed on the internet are no longer available....so, you can keep looking on ebay and other auction sites waiting to strike gold or make your own.....

I would be willing to work with my saddlebag mount fabricator on designing one that integrates a backrest and rack similar to the one on customcruisers.com, but I need a template and have had no luck getting one sent to me...I am willing to pay shipping back and forth, but someone needs to get me one to work with....

OR Seedman

Old Drifter

Quote from: BlackBlueMagoo on July 03, 2017, 09:07:48 AM

Found a site that has Drifter sissy bars/pads/racks!  Motomachines.com    FYI

Glad you found a source. Let us know how you make out getting it and the fitment.
Gene

1999 Drifter

BlackBlueMagoo

Found a site that has Drifter sissy bars/pads/racks!  Motomachines.com    FYI

BlackBlueMagoo

Yes...been looking around for a back bar & pad.. no luck! I'll have to fab one up...

CDNRatMan

Might save some heart burn and acid issues with your belly and fab your own......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Old Drifter

There's a lot of 2up seats available, however the sissy bar and back rest are a different story.

Gene

1999 Drifter

BlackBlueMagoo

I must be looking in the wrong places...Looking for a Sissy Bar & Pad for a 99/1500J drifter with a 2 up seat! Mom says she needs the bar & pad...and you know how it is...Moms not happy..No-ones happy! Any Ideas..? Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk