two tones

Started by westbullhead, July 01, 2017, 10:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenbarn

Quote from: RockinRollin on July 03, 2017, 04:42:00 AM

Westbullhead, yes I had the rims powder coated red, it was hard finding the right colour match. I hope Mr. greenbarn brings his 1500 and 800 to the Canadian Drift Inn?

Ronnie, the plan as it stands right now is to bring both of them, God willing, to the big event in the North.

No Worries

CDNRatMan

Last I heard Uncle Ronny he is bring both and he is ready to have them shiny and clean for the show......perhaps I might get to sit my butt on one of his show bikes......if you want to see a fancy 800 wait till Mrs. Erwin shows up on her machine......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

RockinRollin

Westbullhead, yes I had the rims powder coated red, it was hard finding the right colour match. I hope Mr. greenbarn brings his 1500 and 800 to the Canadian Drift Inn?

CDNRatMan

Once again westbullhead I have seen this bike and the pictures do not do it credit either. Just realized I have never really sat on either of these bikes myself...lol......
I will say that none of the pictures on the forum do justice to the bikes in person. Both these bikes are really nice and really good looking in person.

greenbarn

I looked high and low for a tank design I liked, probably looking at pics of over 100 vintage bikes, and decided on that split.

The "Drifter" is hand-painted, from the guy the did the rest of the pin-striping on the bike, using a "Indian" font I found.   I was going for a one-of-a-kind look.,  ;D :D

No Worries

westbullhead

I've never seen a tank two toned with those lines.But it works for me. Love the extra chrome.Haven't seen that drifter decal either, or is it painted on?

greenbarn

I used the stock Ruby Red on my '03, and just had the ivory 2-toned on the bike.  My main goal was to go 2-tone, and I was thinking of a slightly different color, but my painter talked me into leaving the red alone to save some $$.  I liked how it turned out.

No Worries

CDNRatMan

Mr. westbullhead; I can vouch for this machine, I have had the honour of seeing it in real life and the colours are something really nice. One thing I have learned since owning my Drifter is when you see one up close and personal, you need to look very close to see the little things people have done to make the machine their own and what have they done that seems really small and yet is so cool.

westbullhead

Love it. I think those two look great together. The red on the rims next to the white walls help set everything off.Was that your idea? The second picture of the fender ,it looks like a darker red than in the first pic.

RockinRollin

Yup, my bike is a two tone Chevy Cruise Red (metallic) with a pearl white (metallic). The red doesn't photograph quite the way it looks. The guy at the paint shop helped me pick out the red and pearl white, he said they went together because the pearl white has some red in it. Maybe find a good painter who paints bikes (or cars) and ask him for some samples and what colours go together. Unfortunately I do not have the paper work with the paint numbers, it's packed away somewhere.

westbullhead

Has anyone ever seen the ruby red metallic used in a two tone paint scheme? If so, what color was it paired with?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk