Sneak Preview 2000 1500

Started by Trall, June 24, 2017, 19:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter-paul

Nicely done, I agree the brown/tan is better than the white. Very nice, I'm envious  ::)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

DC

Great two-tone vibe going there!   8)

mittico68

Yeah, really nice!
I wish I had a 2up seat with backrest like that!

I love my swingin' bike!

greenbarn

No Worries

Trall

Trall

Pics. There not loading right.  I'll try again. 

Trall

Well I got a lot done this past week.  All fluids changed.  If you don't own a Motion Pro Bleeder in 10mm.  Get one makes brake or clutch fluid flush quick and easy.

My clutch reservoir was real dirty so had to clean out the zinc buildup or whatever the grime was and bleed out the old fashioned way by hand.  The Motion Bleeder works when you don't get the reservoir empty.

I found POR 15 Gloss Black is near a perfect match to the Drifter frame and gloss black parts.  I used Rustoleum gloss black in the past but it has a bit of a gray hue to it compared to POR 15.

After having the bike apart, I  reassembled with my soft luggage I already had on hand.

Has the Indian Vintage look to it with the soft bags.  The bags were ordered from Viking Bags and are the actual bags they sell for Indian Vintage.   Extremely high-quality and they're locking also their rigid so easy to mount up.   These are larger style bag so if you have rear crash bars you're not able to use them since the bags cover past the shock area.   For under $400 you can't go wrong. Use your Seedman/Osprey mounts with spacers to clear past your shocks.

I was finally able to use my Travel Horse double seat since my 2001 has been set up with the solo set up.

Down the road I can switch back when I get motivated for the hardbag set up but the Indian Vintage look is growing on me.   I'll probably do a matching brown trunk down the road but I had a extra black trunk that I'm using now.

Here's some more pictures of the after.  Have a few more things to do down the road Ted Strubble hand shifter,  highway lights,  Stark Indian front fender tip,  Indianhead running light for the front fender, and lastly Zambini Decals.   Papa Z is a true artist.

mittico68

Great catch!
That's a real nice bike. Keep us posted with more pics.

I love my swingin' bike!

greenbarn

Really nice looking pipes, and have I mentioned, I really dig a 2-toned Drifter.....     Keep us posted.

No Worries

Trall

The pics where taken at previous owner's house.  I wish I had that Mustang.  The original owner was a professional auto body person and did the Custom paint, fairing, and recessed matching rear fender light to match saddlebags, made custom brackets to mount shark tip Cobra dual exhaust and modified harley tour pack mount for tour pack and backrest.
He did incredible custom work throughout.

Trall

Well I fell instantly in Drifter Love when I saw this 2000 for sale.
Kinda looks like a Drifter Ultra Classic.  Even though I already own a 2001 I felt almost possessed to get another. Lol. I am going to keep my 2001 with solo seat set up and 2000 as double seat set up.

Here's what she looks like when I bought it. Overall I love it it but have it apart for maintenance, super clean/detail,and I have -a different awesome Travel Horse seat for it.   The backrest is at leather shop to get same color as my brown seat.  Not a fan white/cream seats.

Anyhow I'll post some finished pics down the road.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk