Indian no more?

Started by pumppy10, April 13, 2017, 16:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoar

Quote from: OR_Seedman on June 20, 2017, 16:39:47 PM

as do I....fugly sums it up completely

Yea, I think the Victory bikes were "nasty" looking.

I am sure that played a large role in their demise.

You can't sell nasty ugly to a lot of people. Some people? Sure.

Some people like nasty ugly.

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

OR Seedman

as do I....fugly sums it up completely

OR Seedman

Zoar

Quote from: Troll on June 19, 2017, 18:39:48 PM

I don't think that it helped Victory too much that most of the bikes were fugly

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I concur.

Troll

I don't think that it helped Victory too much that most of the bikes were fugly

Recovering H-D owner...W-650 Cafe' No excuses...Ride it or sell it to someone who will!

Zoar

Gov air quality rules is not why victory is shutting down.

"Several factors influenced today's announcement. Victory has struggled to establish the market share needed to succeed and be profitable. The competitive pressures of a challenging motorcycle market have increased the headwinds for the brand. Given the significant additional investments required for Victory to launch new global platforms that meet changing consumer preferences, and considering the strong performance and growth potential of Indian Motorcycle, the decision to more narrowly focus Polaris' energy and investments became quite clear."

If ww apply our brains we can see that Victory was too competitive with Indian and there just not buyers for "Indian like" bikes. And yes the Drifter was in there too and they closed down Drifter operations too. But it was not the big bad gubermint and those liberty scalping regulations... I know it is so easy to blame them but let's be honest and factual.

Tfrank59

I wonder if the dealer would know, or disclose, how much of HD is American made (made, meaning cast, machined, assembled in the US).  I'll bet it's no more than an Indian or even my Honda Valkyrie, which was made (see above) in Marysville, OH.

Tom

'06 Drifter 800, '98 Valkyrie

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

geewago

It's amazing what you can learn about an Indian bike talking to a competitive dealer.  I don't know if they just can't tell the truth or if they trust everything they hear and repeat it without checking it out.  I wheeled into the local Harley dealer and was just casually  looking at the huge inventory of used bikes lined up around their building.  I attracted a crowd without even wanting to.  Everybody including customers and salesman was eyeballing my Chieftain.  One of the salesman didn't seem to appreciate the attention the bike was getting so he begin to inform the lookers on why they shouldn't buy an Indian.  He did admit that it looked good but he said it's not American made. Claimed the motor was made by Yamaha.  I thought it was rather funny when one of the onlookers said well I think Yamaha makes a more reliable motor than Harley.  I just listened.  My dad used to tell me that ignorance ruled the world.  I'm about to believe he was right.

flasht44

Government air quality rules caused them to discontinue the victory.

Tfrank59

Well I'm sure people will be buying and selling them for years to come but you won't be able to get a new one now

Tom

"HD: The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise without the pesky effects of horsepower."

pumppy10

Well that still stinks, Victory was a nice bike.

Life is just a series of moments- try to enjoy them all!

Tfrank59

Quote from: Pilgrim on April 13, 2017, 19:42:17 PM

They stopped making the Victory. I think they are still making Indians.

Yep, it's Victory, not Indian, that's apparently suffered defeat 8)
Tom

Pilgrim

They stopped making the Victory. I think they are still making Indians.

pumppy10

Ok i see that they are still being made, guess i got some bad info.

dkeshish

Quote from: pumppy10 on April 13, 2017, 16:57:17 PM

I was talking to a kawi dealer today and he said Polaris stopped making all there bikes including the indians.  Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this?

imagine kawi starts the Drifter line again

Tfrank59

Well here's their 2017 lineup – still made by Polaris.
http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/motorcycles

Tom

pumppy10

I was talking to a kawi dealer today and he said Polaris stopped making all there bikes including the indians.  Has anyone else heard or seen anything about this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk