stainless brake lines

Started by indo, February 16, 2017, 10:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhtrikes

I went stainless a couple of years ago. Got my throttle lines from Motion Pro and had my hydraulic brake and clutch lines custom made with the correct fittings from a company in my back yard. Contact Chris Harkins at Industrial Equipment Supply in Woburn MA.  781-933-3300. They have a machine that can do motorcycle hydraulic lines. He did a great job. Good luck!

'02 Drifter 1500
Geriatric Cruiser

CDNRatMan

Yes they were made by Galfer because the hoses came with their sticker in the packing......

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

JagLite

Galfer will make any line you want, any color hose, any color fittings, and whatever length you want.

http://galferusa.com/products/custom-line-builder/

They are who I use for my bikes.

Attitude:
The difference between
Ordeal and ADVENTURE

indo

Thanks for your input CDN. I couldn't remember the name but it is Spiegler and they make both front and rear for the Drifter in all the colors.

CDNRatMan

Not 100% sure of the 1500 parts exchange, but I had no issues with a VN800 classic for matching parts. So I would say you are safe with them. I also could not get a colour match for my 99 Drifter 800, they did have red but the red was not the correct colour so went with black and normal banjo bolts........

indo be careful what you type the language police lives in your state......Mister dkeshish.......lol ::) 8) Sir anything wrong with this thread......lol.....

indo

CDN, is the vn1500 classic or the E/classic the correct one? In the ad it has all the colors that Galfer makes but seeing as how my bike is 18 years old it does not have a color select in the "buy it now". I really do need black. Thanks

CDNRatMan

I found a seller on e bay who was selling Galfer brake lines and stainless steel, I got my front one at 2" over length and in black also, was a bit cheaper then buying from a dealer. Service was really good.

this is the link to them

http://stores.ebay.ca/podiumsuperbikeinc/

indo

Shortly I'm going to need to replace my brake pads and was thinking about installing stainless brake lines. I can't seem to find a manufacture for them. I have used Galfer in the past but it seems they don't make any.  Any suggestions? Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk