Riding A Drifter In Harley Country is a Bit Like Being Rodney Dangerfield

Started by jmbo, June 01, 2016, 22:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockinRollin

More than likely he didn't feel worthy of parking next to you. So you went to New Liskard? You still there? Must be nice being retired.

CDNRatMan

Sunday was a bad day for Drifter riders.........

Bigras, GreenBarn and I were in New Liskeard for the Biker Reunion, and we were parked in a line on the curb. A Drifter 1500 purple and white went by really slow and sort of glared at us. I pointed to the curb and told him to come over and park with us, he then sort of came around and left ......snubbed us, came by later and went right past us and ignored us, then after the Freedom Ride GB and I ran into him on the main street and he just glared at us again and kept going......must have been over from the QC side.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

RockinRollin

The first and only time I have seen another Drifter in Southern Ontario was the day I got the plates for mine, I was on my way to the Ministry of Transportation (that's like the Department of Motor Vehicles in Ontario) to pick up the plates for my Drifter and going the other way was a Granny riding a Drifter! Maybe I shouldn't call her a Granny she was probably the same age as me.

CDNRatMan

;D lol the first time I rode behind a 800 and saw the fender moving I near fell off laughing......

jmbo

Just like ET proved that we are not alone in the universe, today I found hope for Drifters in Harley Country......another Drifter.  I had to drive into Brew-Town for an appointment.  Toyed with taking the bike but for some reason I didn't. Five miles north of town what do I see inch worming its way up HWY36 to Milwaukee but another 1500 Drifter.  I drove behind it for a ways.  Funny as many miles as I have ridden on my '99'er and I have never watch the rear suspension work.  Finally after 10 miles or so he turned off.  Great to see there is still hope in Harley Country.

Jimb

DC

CDNRatMan

>:( Well yesterday was the local Ride For Dad Charity run for prostate cancer, and of course the majority of bikes were H-D's local Yamaha dealer and Honda dealer had booths set up the closest H-D dealer did send down a rep but he was not to be found because he was riding....lol...of course. But I still had the coolest bike in the ride, no questions there for sure.

DC

I work near the Harley plant in PA.  Yes, there are a lot of Harleys in the area.  It is about the only V-Twin bike you see around here.  Sport bikes are really popular around here though with the younger guys.  I'd say it's about a 50/50 split between Harleys and sport bikes around here.

I stopped at a local biker apparel/leather shop near the plant a few weeks ago.  I started talking with the owner a bit.  He collects old Indians and bought a new Polaris Indian when they first came out. 

shunter v8

I have the opposite problem over here,I am fed up of people saying I like your harley and other harley related comments.

traa-dy-lioor

tj

With my wife I don't get no respect. I made a toast on her birthday to 'the best woman a man ever had.' The waiter joined me.

When I was a kid I got no respect. The time I was kidnapped, and the kidnappers sent my parents a note they said, "We want five thousand dollars or you'll see your kid again."

I tell you, with my doctor, I don't get no respect. I told him, "I've swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills." He told me to have a few drinks and get some rest.

With my dog I don't get no respect. He keeps barking at the front door. He don't want to go out. He wants me to leave.

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/peoplejokes/comedianjokes/rodneydangerfieldjokes.html

jmbo

I know I have mentioned this several times before in this site but I ride a Drifter in Harley Country. Most people people would probably say so what but  living 30 miles from Milwaukee does make for some interesting observations.  It seems there there are three types of bikes in this area, Harleys, Harleys, and the bike you buy your wife when you can't afford to buy her a Sportster.

I would have to ride more than sixty miles in any directions and to see anything but an HD on the road or parked at a bar.  Mind you it doesn't bother me.  I love my Drifter and if I need to remind myself of the cost of entry in the the HD brotherhood, all I need to to do stop by my buddies house and watch him polish is $30,000 Ultra Limited.  No thanks I'm happy on my '99'er.

My only complaint is it is a bit like being Rodney Dangerfield. You get no respect. In all fairness the Drifter is a unique bike. The production numbers are low enough that some might even consider it rare.  Three more years and I can pull collector plates on my bike. Maybe I'll take a ride to Green Bay or Dubuque where I get kudos, thumbs up and high fives where they appreciate a good looking bike and finally and get some respect.

Jimb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk