Vulcan Drifter Riders

• December 13, 2017, 22:09:42 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you use HOTMAIL and some other email providers, you may not get notifications and registration emails. Let me know if you register and didn't get confirmation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 19:29:09 
Started by rob f - Last post by CDNRatMan
 Ok did you change out the oil screen on the left side of the bike and check the rubbers on those parts?

Starter Relay I'll have to listen to mine......never noticed......

Yes the stock muffler was hard mounted to the frame, but you can add a rubber gasket or grommet there also will not hurt anything. I did on my Roadhouse exhaust, on the stock will also this winter.

LOL Grease (Zerk for ou American Friends) both mine on each bike has been either seared off or removed. On Red it was sheared off, and so I just drilled and tapped the hole to the next size, then listening to the lads on the UK site I removed the fitting and put a short bolt in there. When greasing swap the fitting with the bolt. On Pearl not sure yet as to what the issue is till I get it apart.

Check out the links and Articles tabs ( top of the page) and do some reading on maintenance and mods on the 800 lots of info hidden in there.....

Ok I also use a K&N air filter be aware if you happen to buy a pre lubed one do not oil it or it will starve the engine of air....lol......

on: Today at 19:22:35 
Started by CDNRatMan - Last post by CDNRatMan
This topic has been moved to [Drifter 800 Only].

http://www.vulcandrifterriders.com/forum/index.php?topic=49005.0

on: Today at 17:59:10 
Started by rob f - Last post by rob f
Good advice on the tubes and liners.
Found more stuff today while changing oil.
Starter relay (next to battery) buzzes before delayed starter engagement.
Muffler is hard bolted to frame. looks like grommets should be there instead. Makes sense to me that if the engine has rubber mounts shouldn't the exhaust also?
 Grease fitting is wiped right off of the rear shock pivot arm. What an idiotic design that a grease fitting is the lowest part on the bike. Anyone else missing this on theirs?
Buddy before me had a K&n air filter on but guess he didn't realize that he had to oil it.

More to come i'm sure.
R

on: Today at 16:20:14 
  Just my personal peace of mind issue, I replace the tubes and the rim liner every time I replace the tire, for the cost involved it is well worth it.
  I will be taking the wheels off of Pearl this winter to do some work on the rims which will require the removal of the rubber. When I replace the rubber I am going to replace the rim liners and the tues just again for my piece of mind. I am also getting the spokes trued to be sure all is well and all new wheel bearings, front and rear. When I do the rear shock all the bearings involved will be replaced also, again so I can ride without second guessing any issues......

on: Today at 12:31:26 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
Troy Bayliss Returning to Racing at 48 Years of Age (News)

Three-time WSB champion Troy Bayliss is making a comeback at the age of 48. Bayliss plans to contest the 2018 Australian Superbike Championship aboard a Ducati sponsored by his own team. Bayliss won his third, and final WSB title in 2008. Bayliss also won a MotoGP race in 2006 while substituting for the injured Sete Gibernau […]
Source: Troy Bayliss Returning to Racing at 48 Years of Age (News)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: Today at 12:31:26 
Started by Feed Poster - Last post by Feed Poster
Volkswagen Group Says Audi Will Keep Ducati (News)

After all the back-and-forth in the last 12 months concerning a possible sale of Ducati by the Volkswagen Group, a senior executive has stated that Ducati will be held on to by its Audi division … for reasons beyond labor group objections to a sale. Audi boss Rupert Stadler indicated VW can meet its financial […]
Source: Volkswagen Group Says Audi Will Keep Ducati (News)

Motorcycle Reviews - http://www.motorcycledaily.com

on: Today at 09:21:23 
Started by rob f - Last post by rob f
thanks for the valuable info.
Didn't know that there was a Fortnine in Calgary. Have used them extensively in the past for parts.
 If you look on your oil pan there is a small  coolant drain bolt  with a dummy hole right next to it. The dummy hole is what they call a waterpump "weep hole". It allows coolant out if the waterpump seal springs a leak. Mine is damp with a slime trail across the pan. I am hoping that it is due to hardening of the seals rubber and may fix it by changing coolant and adding a coolant conditioner so as to soften the seal.
 Going to change fluids in the next few days so may have more questions coming. So far have the seat and back fender off and these bikes seem to be built simple and easy to work on.
 Been studying up on tires as I've never had a tubed tire on a road bike ( seems like they should be on a pre 1970's machine not on a 2001)
 i found this article to be helpfull ( but long)
http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/section6.htm
 My rims are marked MT so I am assuming that a bias ply tubeless used with a tube is safe.
 Also discovered from this article that I should be using "tire talk" not household talk to prevent tube to tire chaffing. and not to tighten the valve stem nut tight to the rim.
 Look at all the stuff I am learning by having a Drifter.
R

on: December 12, 2017, 20:36:26 PM 
Robert a good evening to you Sir;

When I bought my first 800 back in 2012, this forum became my bible and hang out place, I followed GreenBarn's advice about the sprocket swap and have not looked back because it is a really nice mod. If you do this over the winter you will have forgotten what the bike rode like in the fall once spring has sprung. Just remember to use steel sprockets. I ride 2 up and have never noticed any detrimental effects with this mod.
   Tires: I deal with http://www.petes-superbike.com and have never had any problems with their delivery times. Also just remember that you will need a 908 bend in the rear tube air valve.  also do not have any weights on my spokes or rims as I am a huge fan of 
http://www.counteractbalancing.com/  I have been using these with huge success for the past 5 years. Also it is a Canadian product.
Coolant leak: I had a few but I found that just tightening the hose clamps a bit and it was fine. I have never noticed and leaking or weeping any other places. Neither bike has had issues with coolant leaks touch wood.
You might also want to check out FortNine.ca and they have really treated me well and provided me with lots of good parts, they also carry lots of Kawasaki parts, if you have the parts numbers. They also have a store in Calgary.

on: December 12, 2017, 18:52:14 PM 
Started by CDNRatMan - Last post by The Bride
Princess is a 2000, 7279

on: December 12, 2017, 18:49:36 PM 
Started by CDNRatMan - Last post by 2beers
Blue is a 2000, 7331

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT OR SERVICE HERE!