Food for an Idea

Started by CDNRatMan, August 05, 2017, 21:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoar

Quote from: DC on August 21, 2017, 16:26:20 PM

I don't know if I should say this or not, but I was offered an insane five figure number for my bike last month.  I turned it down.  I'm neither wanting to sell, nor wanting to build a replacement bike up all over again over many years.

Hmmmm,  money and time spent on my Drifter AFTER purchase is probably about $4,000.

DC

I don't know if I should say this or not, but I was offered an insane five figure number for my bike last month.  I turned it down.  I'm neither wanting to sell, nor wanting to build a replacement bike up all over again over many years.

CDNRatMan

We will discuss it......lol

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

RockinRollin

CDNRatMan

::)   Tonight I am going to send Aunt Tracy on link on FB.......lol

RockinRollin

Sure, let's see, she has 2 horses , a German riding pony valued between $10,000 and $15,000 and a hunter jumper worth about $25,000 US. Each horse costs about $500 a month for room and board and that doesn't include vet bills , blacksmith or horse insurance. The way I see it I'm due for a couple more bikes (as if I could afford it with all the pony bills). :-[

CDNRatMan

:o  Now to blackmail you and send this to Aunt Tracy.......lol

RockinRollin

In parts (paint, saddle bags, rims, seat etc.) I have spent a minimum of $6,000.00 US. On labour about $1,000,000.00 Canadian or  $6,000.00 US ;).

mittico68

Oh well, I must admit that I started to spend some time for doin' mods to ma-deuce on my own, after I found this great Forum.
So, it's just 4 years... I can estimate the cost of my time is $0: and the reason why is that I love to spend my time with the bike! ;)
And about the money I spent, I didn't keep track too, and for the same reason...

I love my swingin' bike!

CDNRatMan

:( sorry not the original cost to purchase just the time spent on the bikes doing your mods....like the 2 years the 800 spent on the lift.....lol.....

greenbarn

Ok, original purchase price, + paint + accessories + mods + Etc, + $15 per hour on my time....   Hmmmm scary.
Didn't keep track of the $ spent OR the time (for good reasons, LOL), but here's a wild guess...

$8500 on the 800
$8000 on the 1500

No Worries

CDNRatMan

:o   So today my neighbour was giving me a ride to get some groceries, now understand he has no knowledge of motorcycles other than what he gleaned from me and you know that is not much. We chanced to see aRV with a pair of H-D's on the trailer behind it and he asked me what the value was on the trailer. So I quoted what I thought was a reasonable price, he then asked me if the load on GreenBarn's trailer was the same or far higher.
We all sadly know that the resale on a H-D and a Drifter are not the same. But I thought it might be interesting to take a number like say $15.00 per hour, and have people do the math on how much time they figure that they have invested in their bike or bikes and not normal maintenance but the other things you have done to make your machine yours. Might run into some serious numbers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk