Drifter in North Bay

Started by CDNRatMan, May 11, 2013, 16:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

oh and now you want me to be nice to you.....once I find out anything I'll pass it on to you.

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Ratman, If for whatever reason you end up not buying those passenger floorboards, let me know.  I've been wanting some that folds as well.  The ones I have are always hitting me in the leg when I'm pushing the bike out of the barn...  plus the "nice" ones look a lot better than my home-made mounts.

No Worries

CDNRatMan

Ok I am in Kingston and was looking on Kijiji and noticed fork cones, saddle bags, cup holder, and windshield along with a 2 up seat for a 900 800 Vulcan, for sale in North Bay. So I inquire about the fork cones and ask if they fit a Drifter 800.Get a response that came from one. So do some checking and seems as if the owner of this machine was cut off by a cage and the bike went down. Not sure of the damage and not sure if the owner is putting it back on the road here yet. So will check once I get home.....but he does have the folding floor boards I want.....now to wait and see.

greenbarn

Quote from: 45 Bravo on May 12, 2013, 19:57:55 PM

Or the guy at the service station that ask..  "Tire go flat?"

45 Bravo

You answer:  "Nope, I was just sitting here with all 4 of them flat, and all of a sudden, POOF, the other three just inflated.  Can you let the air out of them three for me???"

The name of our shop is the Tire Center and I just love it when people call....
I answer "Tire Center"......
"Hi, do you guys sell tires?? "  ...... "Yup".
"You got any to fit my car"? ......."I might.  What size are they".
Long Silence.....
"Uhhh, I dunno.  I think they're 15's"........"OK, Can you tell me what kind of car it is? I can look them up"
Another long silence.....
"Uhhhh, it's a red honda, I think it's about a 90 something....."

We got em too....

No Worries

Gerhardberger

45 Bravo

No, it was not aimed at you.

I was referring to the genius that told you the make and year..

Just like the people that ask you (as you are wearing your helmet, sitting on the bike, putting on your gloves)   "That your bike?"

Or the guy at the service station that ask..  "Tire go flat?"
45 Bravo

CDNRatMan

45 my good buddy I know you did not aim that barb at moi.......I had read the paper as it was in the windows of all the cars and bikes entered in the show. I had just asked the guy if the owner was around. Simple question, or so I thought. But yes we have them here to people who should just keep quiet....lol....

45 Bravo

So, one of his club members told you it was a 03 Drifter by Kawasaki ...

Here in America, we would have read the paper on the windshield...

Rednecks... They are in Canada too.....

45 Bravo

chief

Glad to see the cards are working!

Slainte mhaith - Good Health - Cheers

'02 Vulcan Drifter 1500

CDNRatMan

Ok found out this morning that there was a Shine & Show  downtown on Main St. Really cool more to follow on that later.....so went and what did I spy....
Tried to find the owner, but one of his club members was willing to inform me it was a 2003 Indian Drifter made by Kawasaki.
Noticed the floor boards but could not get a close look at the mounting. I did near the end of the day find the owner, and Chief I got to present him with my card...lol...he was busy with some other folks but did find out, form his club member that he bought the ride almost like you see it, and he wants to get togather for a ride, so told him to call me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk