Drift-In 2015 update April 17,2015

Started by Dancing Bear, April 17, 2015, 20:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDNRatMan

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

The shirt ordering is soon to come.  Waiting on a "mock up" pic from the printer, then we'll (Chief, actually) get the order form up and running.

No Worries

CDNRatMan

;)  ok I am kind of confused here by this....

Registrations:----------------
We have received many registrations, however we not only encouraging you to please register, please book your room(s) NOW, but please return to order your shirts if you have not done so.

ok were do you want us to go to order the shirts? I never saw them on the registration form. I will go back and look once more....
GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

Dancing Bear

Hello all our Drifter and non-Drifter friends,
It is time to update about Drift-In 2015.

ROOMS:
---------
Please remember that until the end of April rooms are 70.00 per night which includes tax.
After April 30,2015 the rooms go to 99.00 plus tax per night.

Please get your reservations in at the Landmark Inn right away to get the good rate.

The meal for the banquet has been set. The price is $14.00 per person which includes tax and gratuity.

Menu:
-------
Catfish
Pot Roast
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Green beans
Potato salad
All beverages are included except alcohol

Dessert:
Is a sugar free dessert
we are looking at possibly a sugar free chocolate mousse

Registrations:
----------------
We have received many registrations, however we not only encouraging you to please register, please book your room(s) NOW, but please return to order your shirts if you have not done so.

PLEASE NOTE:
-----------------
The rocker on the logo

This Drift-In 2015 is being dedicated to our friend, fellow Drifter rider and fallen Brother Danny "Hillbilly" Taylor.
As a friend and a supporter of this event since it began We need to say a prayer for the Taylor family and  thank our God we were able to know this WONDERFUL MAN.
I for one know my life was enriched by having the opportunity to associate and get to know Hillbilly all these years.

Planning:
----------
Heidi and I have been working on this almost daily to make this the best it can be. We have people internationally contacting us as well as from Canada and Mexico who are doing all they possibly can to attend.
Heidi updates Kawasaki Drifter Riders on face book
I update here and Delphi forums.

We are excited and almost completely ready to meet and greet all to Pikeville, Kentucky Drift-In 2015 July 20, 2015
It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride.
ALL motorcycles are welcome.

I am going back down in June to finalize a couple of things and give the personal touch.

When I return I will update again.
I will update if there any changes or items to report between now and then. If no update before June then all is set, finished and ready to go.

We Need Help With 1 Thing:
-------------------------------
We are having trouble getting the plaques and paper weights engraved
We have spoken to many people and they either will not engrave acrylic and glass or the price is outrageous and they will not donate the services.
Does anyone know of someone who may help us please?
It would need to be donated and we will talk with them.
Our personal budget for our out of pocket expense has been crashed some time ago.

I am continuing to try to get some donations from Kawasaki. They have not said no, but are reluctant because they do not make the Drifter any longer. They want to concentrate of products they do make. I have made the argument that most of us have other Kawasaki motorcycles they do make.
With that argument a personal invitation went out to Kawasaki USA to please attend this Drift-In, push their products and see how proud we are of our Drifters.

We wish all safe riding.
Heidi(Dimplz) and Ron (Dancing Bear)

out for now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk