New to me 1999 Drifter 1500 in NE Wisconsin

Started by warthog74, August 24, 2017, 23:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JagLite

Very nice!
Glad you were able to find a neglected bike and save it.

Attitude:
The difference between
Ordeal and ADVENTURE

jmbo

Welcome to the world of Drifters from a fellow cheddar head in Harley country.

Jimb

warthog74

Thanks. I probably won't do much more to it. I already added saddle bags, handlebar gps mount, new rear blinkers, lever fringes, and just recently new mirrors and a smaller smoked windshield. Now its pretty much how i envisioned it.  :)

Attached is a crappy late night garage photo showing new mirrors and windshield.

Cheers

CDNRatMan

Welome and some info is nice, year, plans, and more pictures...

GPS is not to get you THERE but rather to get you home from THERE

greenbarn

Nice Drifter!  welcome to the crazy farm....   

No Worries

Bucko

mittico68

Welcome aboard!
She's a beauty and really shiny. But I guess you're gonna give her some new add-on's, don't ya?
Me, now it's 18 years since I bought mine (a 1999 800) and I'm still workin' on for new additions!

I love my swingin' bike!

warthog74

Had to steal the previous posters subject line. :)

Anyway, always loved the look of the old Indian Chiefs. Wasn't a fan of the troublesome Gilroy models, even though they looked killer, and not a fan of Polaris's design. The wife of the guy i bought my Roadstar 1700 from had a Drifter. First time seeing one up close. Loved it. Sadly it took me 5 years since then to find one less than 4 hours away. Picked this bad boy up about 3 weeks ago with 30k miles on it. It was custom painted (indian logo is under the clear coat), and hadn't been cared for sadly. The rear blinkers were gone, missing 1 mirror due to broken mirror mount (ordered new mount and mirrors which aren't in photo), the spokes and rims were probably never washed. Just grey sludge. Spent hours cleaning those up with brake clean and a tooth brush (same with engine). I saw potential however, and snagged it for a decent price. Since then i have cleaned it head to toe, added saddle bags, GPS on bars, rear led blinkers shaped like arrowheads, flat blacked the dog dishes, and given it fresh oil and filter so far. It sure is fun to ride and gets a lot of looks.

Cheers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk